“Not really concerned with Customer..”

Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Reviewed September 21, 2012

First of all, please let me explain. This hotel is in a great location for Louisville. Where you are going to a UofL sports game, the Slugger Museum, or 4th Street live. This place is well located!
However, the arrangements made by the hotel staff/ manager's is my concern..
My friends and I booked two rooms online for a one night stay. There was five of us and we were here for a Bachelor Party. We had set up for two rooms, so everyone would have a bed to stay in.
As we made check in, we were greeted by friendly staff. We asked for our rooms, but was told that we were only able to get one room with two queen beds. That all the other two bed rooms were sold out.
So here we are, five guys to one room, too which Hampton Inn was more than happy to charge five guys 170 dollars for one night. We asked for extra linen to atleast have some for the guys who were sleeping on the floor, That apparently was not on the top of the list for the staff.
One of the guys and myself went downstairs and attempted to make arrangements for another room. We explained our situation and asked for double bed rooms, to which we were offered a single bed King size room for three other guys to sleep in??
We also asked for more linens, towels, etc.. Which never came up.. We figured that when the staff at the desk gladly billed five guest for a double bed room.. That someone would have thought to added a few extra towels or brought them to us..
At the end of the night, we were not met with any assistance, the attempt into us spending more money and getting another room was never addressed (Meaning the staff failed to contact us back to advise us if another room or other accommodations were available.
We were not happy with how the situation was handled.. Bottom Line.
**My review of this hotel is based upon my experience and results of the staff to my situation only** I further recognize the efforts of the staff and the establishment to accommodate everyone. However, my friends and I did not have this experience.
In the end, we gave this hotel an overall rating of two (Poor). Any hotel that will not make efforts to meet their guests reasonable needs; should address this situation and others like it.

I hope this helps.

Room Tip: No tips at this time..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was our second trip to the Derby but this was the most important! My mother was born in Louisville ON Derby Day in 1934. This would mark her 78th birthday and I wanted it to be perfect. Last time we stayed at the Hyatt downtown and it was good but downtown is still a trek to the Churchill Downs (not to mention the outrageous prices). As a long time Silver Honors member I checked out all the Hilton properties in the area and was surprised to find the "reasonable" (and that word is definitely used only in comparison to others) prices and relatively close distance of the Hampton in Brooks. I usually stay at Hampton if no other Hilton properties are available, but I must admit that this Hampton is definitely a cut above most and much closer to the nicer Hilton Garden Inns that we prefer. The staff was ready for the Derby and the nice Derby "gift" we got on check in was not only unexpected but significantly impressive! A decent breakfast, very clean and unworn rooms (and property) and helpful personnel made this a very pleasant surprise!! Would stay here again, whether it was the Derby or not!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Only 5-10 minutes from Churchill Downs, we were pleasantly surprised at the accomodations, friendliness of the staff and the complimentary Derby binoculars,glasses, manicure set and flask!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Arrived late. Got up in AM to find that the shower didn't work at all. Management offered 50% discount. After reminding them that I am a Diamond member and insisted they honor their 'satisfaction guarantee' and give me the room free - they did after a bit more conversation. Not the level of Hampton I'm used to experiencing. Would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

For attending events in Louisville this was a good choice as we love Hampton beds and all closer locations were full. Average but great compared to others at this exit.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 20, 2012

New Hotel, great breakfast with hot items, and Crackle Barrel across the street. Interstate right there. What more could you ask for. 20 min from Churchill Downs.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank onmylist
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We enjoyed everything about our stay at Hampton Inn. The night staff was very welcoming and friendly when we arrived. The room was clean, comfortable and the housekeeping staff was very friendly as well. Breakfast offered a good selection of food and beverages. The only thing we weren't happy with was the location of the coffee maker, cups, and supplies in the bathroom...we felt that was a bad place to keep an appliance for sanitary reasons. We didn't use it and we normally would have wanted to make coffee. Price and value were good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooks
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.

Address: 180 Willabrook Dr, Brooks, KY 40109-5254
Location: United States > Kentucky > Brooks
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Price Range: $128 - $188 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Louisville i-65 @ Brooks Rd. Hotel Brooks