“Great friendly staff”

Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Columbus, OH
“Great friendly staff”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Yes, this hotel is in a rural area; but there's nothing about it that feels unsafe. Room was very nice, clean, and comfortable -- with an especially spacious bathroom. Attractive and roomy breakfast area. Best of all, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I left my cell phone charger in the room, and when I called about it 2 days later, they had it right at the front desk and mailed it to me immediately. We were doing the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, and this Hampton is very convenient to I-65 and reasonably close to the Clermont/Bardstown distilleries. While it may not be in a "destination" location, it's certainly a great choice if you're traveling down 65 and want to get a little outside of Louisville.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Let me start by saying that even though this hotel is only 15 minutes south of Louisville, it is definitely in a rural area. If you didn't know Louisville was so close, you would never guess it is near a large city.

That being said, I booked this room as a half-way stopping point from Chicago to Atlanta. I normally stop in Elizabethtown, KY, but found that this Hampton had much better rates. As I said, this area is definitely rural, but close to I-65. If you are looking for nice dining or perhaps even varied choices of cuisine, it is probably best to stop in Louisville and eat. The only dining choices around were Cracker Barrel, McDonalds, Waffle House and a couple of other fast food restaurants.

A few other reviews mentioned a perhaps sketchy liquor store in front of the hotel - not true. There is a BP with a convenience store attached, but it looked like your run of the mill gas station, no better no worse. There is a more run down looking hotel across the street, but that was of little consequence. The Hampton itself definitely seems to value security. For night entry, you had to have a key card and the parking lot was very well lit. The lobby was clean, though definitely a bit dated decor wise. Hotel staff was extremely friendly during check in. Hotel hallways and elevator were also a bit dated decor wise, but also clean.

Room decor had been updated nicely - modern wall art, furniture, lighting and television - even a painted accent wall. The Hampton beds were, as always, heavenly. Only complaint was that, while the TV was a nice upgraded flat screen, the channel numbers didn't match up with the ones on the channel listing card left in the room and there were a LOT of channels. Finding what I was looking for was a bit tedious, but that is just me being picky. The bathroom was also updated nicely with a large vanity and nice fixtures. Something I thought was a nice touch - the towels were all folded or rolled into various shapes and designs. Even the ice bucket liner was tied into a bow-tie.

The breakfast was the Hampton standard - biscuits, sausage, eggs, muffins, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit, waffles, juice and coffee. Nothing fancy, but it is free. Over all this was a very nice Hampton to stay at and lived up to the consistency of the Hampton chain of hotels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mlhollow
Chicago
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Pros: Check in and check out was fast and simple. Desk clerk was friendly. Room was clean. Air conditioner worked great which was nice since it was 90+ when we were there. Ample parking. Security was nice. We arrived back to the hotel at 4 am to find the doors locked at the main entrance. However, the key card let us in. Gave a bit of an added sense that the hotel cared about their visitor's safety.

Cons: The room was rather small for three adults. Factor in our luggage and there really wasn't much space for anything. Very minimal walk space between beds and dressers. The desk chair was way too large for the room and pushed up against the bed. We were only there for the night and weren't in the room for long due to activities, but it was cramped. Maybe Hampton should omit the desk station in rooms of this size just to free up more space.

Side note: Though we didn't use it, the pool area was quite clean. Various places to eat within 5-10 minute of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 16, 2011

The hotel and room were OK. However, Brooks itself is not a good area to stay in, per the locals I was working with.

The worst part of my experience was the Internet Connection. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was almost bad, if not just as bad, as dial-up. My iPhone's hotspot was MUCH faster.

I rely on Internet access to catch up on work that I cannot complete during the day while visiting Clients.

By far, this is the worst experience I have had at a Hilton.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed February 9, 2011

This hotel is convenient to Louisville and is very typical of a Hampton, with nice bedding and pleasant decor. The staff was quite friendly and the hotel had a better-than-average breakfast spread.
I didn't like the actual location of the hotel; it's behind a rather sketchy-looking liquor/convenience store. The parking lot is well-lit, though, so I didn't feel unsafe.
The only problem with the room was that I felt uncomfortable making in-room coffee, because the coffee pot was not only in the bathroom, it was sitting right next to the toilet. Even if I'd washed the carafe, I would have felt the coffeemaker itself was not clean. I would suggest the hotel staff move the coffeemakers out into the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
New Hope, Minnesota
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We had a great stay at the Hampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had actually checked out of another hotel in the area due to an infestation that we found before staying in the hotel room. I will not name the other hotel. The Hampton was able to take us in for two nights. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was good and the staff were friendly and very helpful! Would definetly stay there again. You can tell the Hampton takes pride in making sure their guests are comfortable!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank battlestew
Washington
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We spent one night while traveling with our teenage daughter. It was good value for the money and would certainly return if in the area. They recommended a restaurant a few miles down the road, Triple Crown, that as terrific. Our daughter is still talking about their ribs.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooks
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.

Property: Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Address: 180 Willabrook Dr, Brooks, KY 40109-5254
Location: United States > Kentucky > Brooks
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Louisville i-65 @ Brooks Rd. Hotel Brooks