“could have been better”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
SHIPSHEWANA
“could have been better”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Bathroom was clean but the curtians and windows were very dirty. No TV station guide. Didn't have enough towels and wash cloths on several days. Hall outside our non smoking room was very smokey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
DAYTON
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Service desk great. other then that not a good stay. We reserved a smoking king room upgrade. Ended up in a non smoking room. wallpaper was coming off the walls, curtains not hung all the way, the hooks sittin in the planter. Sofa was in front of the bed so had to move sofa to see tv from bed. Sofa's cushions were not put on sofa correctly. Outlets in the floor had no plate cover on it. Asked for more pillows and told there wasnt anymore. The next afternoon we asked and was given brand new ones so there was pillows... so bad night sleep the first night. Breakfast had no "hot food" waffles were frozen ones toasted. Came back the second day and they didnt even empty out the ice bucket. channel guide wasnt accurate. hot tub only half of the jets worked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Travelers are raving about these Brooks hotels

Cary Nc
Reviewed September 14, 2012

You cannot close the curtains and have the fan on. Any position of the fan blows the curtains up in a balloon and sends the moving air up the curtain. The curtains are simply too long. Whoever allowed this to happen should be fired. Its a stupid, needless problem..but a big problem nevertheless. The front desk clerk was aware of the problem, and very apologetic. It would be fun if a corporate person from Baymont stayed here and saw this happen... Also...at 11PM someone knocked on my door. I did not answer and instead called front desk. No answer. I waited...the people milled about in the hallway. I waited 10 minutes and called downstairs again and the clerk answered. I told her what was going on. She said she would come upstairs . I watched out the peephole and saw her come up the stairwell and talk to the people. They all left. 10 minutes later, I called front desk again. She said the people were "looking for someone" They were not guests. They were in fact still in the lobby. What kind of security is this????? That was a scary situation and I almost called 911. I have used Baymont before, and will use them again..but NOT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. Management is looking at the drapes to make them more customer friendly and energy efficient. You did the right thing by not answering your door and contacting the front desk. I too would have been alarmed. The hotel does not provide security and this is why we always suggest using the peephole and contacting the front desk. Unfortunately, when you called the clerk had stepped away for just a minute to assist another guest.
We hope that in the future if you return to Brooks, KY you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Westmoreland, Tennessee
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and I found that it leaves much to be desired. The hallways smell like baby dipers, the carpet in the room were VERY sticky, the wallpaper is peeling, the coffee maker had old filter from the previous guests, not so clean towels, and when we asked for a room with a refridgerator there wasn't one. The ONLY good thing about it was folks at the front desk are very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review. We are sorry our property did not meet your expectations. We strive with the training of our staff the importance of cleanliness and the upkeep of the property.

We hope that on your next visit to Brooks, KY you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

PADUCAH
Reviewed September 10, 2012

had a used washcloth on the floor under the hangers. Had a yogurt in the refridgerator that di not belong to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Please accept my sincere apologies for the conditions of your room upon arrival. We stress cleanliness and have spoken with the GM and he has taken the necessary steps to prevent this issue from happening again. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so we can make sure the next guest does not have the same experience.

We hope that when you return to the Brooks, KY area you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations.

Sayre, PA
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We made reservations by phone using Baymont's toll free number and confirming with a credit card only to drive across town to hotel late at night and be told there were no rooms of that type available. This was 15 minutes after the reservation was made and clerk said there never were rooms available to begin with. I got my card refunded and after seeing all the deadbeats smoking right outside lobby door, I'm thankful there were no rooms! But Baymont went way down in my estimation after this episode!

• Stayed September 2012
I sincerely apologize for the issue with your reservation. We strive to give excellent customer service and somewhere between the 800# call and the property location someone dropped the ball.
I have spoken with the GM and and we have stressed the importance of having the smokers move to another location outside to smoke so that it will not offend our other guests.

We hope that the next time you are in the Brooks, KY area you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations.

Cave City, Kentucky
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have to say: I have experienced wonderful customer service at the Baymont Brooks location. We have to travel a lot, and the best value in Louisville, KY is Baymont Brooks. The manager and staff are particularly nice. However, the shining star is a front desk associate named Shelley. She has done nothing but go above and beyond to make our stay nothing but comfortable. The amazing part is, no matter how often she sees us, she still greets us with a smile and good service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M K
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice review. We pride ourselves on great customer service and Shelley has been a shining example. The management team and staff really know how to make you feel welcome at The Baymont Inn & Suites. They go the extra mile to make sure the customers are taken care of.

The next time you come to the Louisville area we will look forward to having you as our guest.

Area Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooks
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Brooks
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Best Western Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65? Share your experiences!