“Just What We Needed”

Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Brandenburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for Valentines Day weekend. We live just 45 minutes from this place and were very pleasantly surprised and excited to find something so wonderful this close to home. The quality of personal service is excellent. Theresa is a very friendly woman who accommodated us beyond our expectations. I honestly have never received this great of service anywhere else. I travel a lot as a hobby and have worked in the hospitality industry after earning a degree in Travel, Tourism, and Event Management as well as Hospitality Management. This is a place that is run by people who know what they are doing! They know what the guests need and want and they know how to provide excellent and personable service. The Bed and Breakfast is very, very clean and has comfortable furniture throughout. The bedding is luxurious to crawl under, especially after spending the day out in the cold shopping in Glendale for antiques (by the recommendation of Theresa, the owner). I have found a renewed love for bird feeding and bird watching after staying here because one of the best features of this place is that you have the opportunity to sit and eat your delicious breakfast (best waffles I have ever had!) in front of a huge picture window while watching the birds come up close and eat bird food provided by the owners. I honestly believe their food here is some of the best food I have ever had, such fluffy waffles, delicious eggs and biscuits (We told Theresa her biscuits were even better than The Whistle Stop), yummy sausage and bacon (Theresa's own recipe). Another favorite of mine was the surprise New York style cheesecake left for us in the room when we arrived! I have to also mention the second night of cheesecake and oatmeal cookies on arrival as well, which were left out in the kitchen for the guests to partake in if they chose! If I were to own and manage a Bed and Breakfast, this is exactly how I would do it, except I cannot cook like they do here! I could go on and on about my positive experience at this place, as I have with my family and friends, but I have already written a long review! I have only 1 wish for this place, which is my personal preference only: I wish there was the option of king-sized beds. We will certainly be back as soon as we get another chance, for it is a great place to getaway from the hustle of everyday life.

Room Tip: If you can afford the largest suite there, it is gorgeous and huge and quite luxurious. I wish we c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very easy to get there on the new Hwy 313 Joe Prather interstate. The setting reminded me of the Johnny Cash song "I'm breathin' air that ain't been breathed before". Very quiet room, no rooms on any side of it. Wonderful breakfast with no pressure to eat sausage. Spent a relaxing time at Jailhouse Pizza watching the Ohio River mosey along. Learned that a B&B doesn't have to be old to be extremely enjoyable. We HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Southern Grace B & B.

Room Tip: Family suite is the quietest plus it has 2 beds if the husband ate too much garlic and curry powder...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I had decided on a small, intimate wedding and fell in love with Southern Grace B&B simply by viewing the website. They were very helpful and accommodating from the first phone call, which is so important especially when you're planning such an important life event from another state (we drove down from Ohio). The pricing was well within our budget and we never had an issue communicating with the owner. When we arrived everything was perfect, exactly as the website shows. The B&B is in the perfect location-away from the city and surrounded by beautiful hills and countryside.
The whole planning process went so smoothly, I had numerous people asking me how I was so calm and seemingly stress-free as the wedding date approached. The rooms were not only beautiful but also very comfortable and 'homey'. The breakfast was also very delicious. The staff was nothing but delightful and helpful and I would recommend Southern Grace B&B to anyone who is looking for a quaint, stress-free wedding. We are looking forward to returning for a relaxing weekend away during the warmer months so we can enjoy the outdoor activities that are also offered.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

From the first call to the wedding day everything went so smoothly it was hard to believe that ever detail you worry about on your wedding day was taken care of. The Bed and Breakfast, cake and flowers were beautiful and perfect in every way. The owners and staff are nicest people you will ever meet. The food is delicious and the beds were so comfortable it made you wish you could stay forever. All you do is show up and find that you will have the most beautiful wedding and have no stress..

Reviewed January 27, 2014

After much ado about nothing with friends and family, my now husband and I decided to elope. Southern Grace B&B offered numerous packages for elopement to a full wedding on a small scale. The pricing was inclusive and fit right in with my budget. The owner/operator was on top of all communications with me answering all my questions quickly. The actual property was gorgeous inside and out. My wedding was small and simple, just like I wanted/needed. It went without any hiccups and I couldnt ask for a more beautiful venue. The cake was delicous and the flowers were fresh. The rooms were luxurious and clean, the hosts friendly and helpful. Breakfast the next day was one of the best home cooked meals we had in weeks. We plan on coming back to visit this beautiful B&B very soon

Room Tip: honeymoon suite is perfect with a seperate entrance and bathroom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This B&B offers elopement packages that are perfect for a couple that wants a small wedding.
We had an all inclusive wedding with the entire place to the wedding party for a great price. We also opted for a dinner for everyone that was excellent .We had raves on the food from many of the guests. The staff was friendly and helpful for our needs and arranged a hairdresser for the bride that also did her makeup. Everyone had a great time Breakfast the next morning was outstanding! We would highly recommend this venue !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam C
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at this bed and breakfast while on a long term job assignment lasting 6 months. The home is beautiful, the hospitality is first class and the cooking is too good - I gained weight. The owners went way above and beyond what I expected in extending help and doing everything they could to make my stay comfortable. I cannot say enough good words about this place and the excellent way it is run.

Room Tip: I experienced staying in all the rooms as I was accommodated according to the previously booked sche...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!