“Nice Weekend Getaway”

Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Brandenburg B&B and Inns
“Nice Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had a nice weekend getaway close to home. Breakfast and dessert was good, rooms nice and cozy, and fun time riding in paddle boat. Didn't catch any fish, couldn't get the alpacas to cooperate to pet, pool was a little too cold to swim, beds were too soft for our comfort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not only was our visit wonderful, food terrific, all that. I lost a diamond from a cherished ring while we we there. We didn't find it and I resigned myself to replacing the stone. Of course we informed Theresa and David of our loss. A few days later Theresa called as someone had found and turned in the diamond and she wanted to know how would we like to retrieve it.
How much better does it get?!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol M
Louisville, KY
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After researching B&B's throughout the KY area, I decided to book a room at Southern Grace to celebrate my husband's birthday. Sitting under trees on a colorful quilt in the shade, watching a bunny hop along, we ate a picnic lunch prepared just for us. We listened to the roosters crow and crickets chirp as we basked in the peacefulness of this country charm. My husband got to fish on the property pond which overflows with bass. Fishing is one of my husband's favorite sports, and it delighted me to see his happiness since he hasn't had the opportunity to fish in quite some time. Breakfast was made to order, and I chose sweet potato waffles with eggs over medium, and bacon. The sweet potatoes are grown in the owner's garden and the fresh eggs are gathered twice daily. I am not a big eater, but I ate every last bite and it was worth every calorie : ). My husband chose waffles with fresh blackberry syrup, which also came with eggs and bacon. The hosts are wonderful, meeting every need, the suite was beautifully appointed and the peacefulness was priceless. Thank you so much Dave and Theresa for this new experience as it was the first time we stayed at a bed and breakfast.

Indiana
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had the most pleasant experience here!
IF YOU WANT ONE TOO, YOU NEED TO VISIT THEM!!!
My fiancée (now my wife) and I decided to elope to try and escape the stress of planning a larger wedding. We called on Friday morning to ask if they had an opening that weekend to fit in a small elopement. Even though they had a large wedding planned that afternoon, they made the arrangements to fit us in. We arrived late on Friday evening and were met by David. He was all smiles as he gave us the full tour of their magnificent home. He even had cake and cobbler set out for us to eat as a snack anytime we wished.
The next morning we had our little ceremony in the front room.They provided music, a bouquet, cake, and took pictures.
We had such a wonderful experience! The hospitality was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable, and the home made breakfast was to die for!
We have already talked about booking the same weekend next year for our first anniversary!
We WILL be back!
We are so thankful we had the great luck to find the Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband, David and I, chose the Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast for our wedding. We elected to have just he and I in attendance. Everything went as planned. The day we were there there was a guest speaker type event, Karen Knotts, which I think took away a little bit from it, but David and I were aware of the event from the beginning and still chose that date! But seeing her speak, for David, was awesome, but for me, I don't even really know who her dad is..(I am a youngin') Lol.

I loved the alpacas, the pool and the BREAKFAST, couldn't even finish it, and that is really saying something about the portion sizes :) the sweet potato waffles are sooo good, and my husband really loved the oatmeal! We enjoyed the paddle boat, and just the quietness of the entire property. Also, the place is immactualte, you can tell it is truly cared for and loved! I think the only complaint I have is, excuse the bluntness, is that the room we stayed in, the Lilac room, had a slightly squeaky bed, sort of inconvenient for a wedding night, but whatever. Hahaha. Anyway, I truly loved the time we spent there, and was sad to go, but David and I will DEFINITELY be returning time and time again! And I cannot wait to go back!

1 Thank MrsHuff143
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stay only for one night, but we wished to say more!! We are a couple from Barcelona, and we felt like we was at home. The owners Theressa and Dave are a really nice couple and very kind with us. During the morning we went fishing after the wonderful breakfast that they made exclusively for us. Also is really amazing to see all the animals and activities that you can do there, so we highly recommend to go!!

Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have stayed countless nights in hotels and other accommodations around the world and can say that our three nights at the Southern Grace was the most pleasant lodging experience we've had. The proprietors, David and Theresa, have turned their impeccable home into an amazing destination.

We traveled to the Southern Grace for an on site wedding. It was clear from the bride and groom's constant smiles and the happiness of the wedding guests, that David and Theresa perfectly tailored the wedding and reception to the personalities of the couple and their friends and families.

We look forward to making a stay at the Southern Grace an annual tradition for our family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandenburg
Horseshoe Southern Indiana
#5 of 8 in Radcliff
Hampton Inn & Suites Radcliff/Fort Knox
Baymont Inn & Suites Corydon
Holiday Inn Express Corydon

Been to Southern Grace Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!