“Never again...ANTS!”

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Never again...ANTS!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was in Bowling Green for one night with my sister to take my niece to College. The hotel seemed to be fine, was clean and comfortable. At that point, I was very pleased.

I fell asleep before my sister and she left the T.V. remote on my side of the nightstand. Sometime during the night the remote fell between the nightstand and the bed. When I reached down to pick the remote control up, I (ooohhh I itching right now just talking about it) reached down to pick it up and felt something else but grabbed the remote and returned to sleep.

Later during the night I felt like something was crawling on me and finally got up. To my surprise I had ants in the bed with me. I jumped up and after inspection realized it was an old and I do mean old cookie covered with ants between the bed and the nightstand...GROSS!

I quickly got up, threw it away, put the trashcan outside of the room, washed my hands then got in the bed with my sister because I was too freaked out to sleep in that bed because of the ants. Not a great night.

Around 8am I went downstairs told the front desk agent what happened and her response was, I'm sorry, she would make a note for housekeeping and offered me some free water and snacks from the store. What in the world????? Who wants food for a room that has ants.

Not that I wanted her to give us the room for free, but I told you I had to sleep in the bed with my sister when we paid for a double room. Likewise, it was 8am and check out wasn't until 11am, why in the world wouldn't she send housekeeping or maintenance to the room to address the problem immediately???

We plan to visit my niece plenty over the next four years, but the Courtyard will NEVER get another penny of my money.

Room Tip: look for ants
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyardBG, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your response, I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than perfect we strive to provide our guest with the best customer service available, for that is what you deserve. Please except our apology, I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the customer service you deserve. I want to thank you for staying with us at the Bowling Green Courtyard, and may you always endure safe travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Coxs Creek
Reviewed September 3, 2013

From check in to check out the staff was wonderful and extremely helpful. The hotel was nice and the beds were super comfy! I only have 2 issues, but neither ruined our experience. 1. The pool water was cold. This is our 2nd stay this hotel chain and both pools were the same way. Must be company policy to keep it that way, but I must admit it dampens your swim experience. And the hot tub was not overly warm either. 2. The room was not completely clean. Trash was left under the bathroom sink and behind the bathroom door. Those 2 things aside, I would use this hotel again as it was very close to BeachBend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyardBG, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit. We strive to provide the best customer service to our guest. May you always have safe travels.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is newly remodeled and is beautiful. I found everything to be very clean and accommodating. We were always greeted by friendly employees. The rooms were big and we stayed in two different styles. I had booked us for two nights initially because we were visiting a sick family member and were not sure how many nights we would need. We stayed in the suite and were very comfortable. We were so comfortable that we booked a third night; however, the suites were sold out so we stayed in a double queen room and it was plenty of space and had a pull-out bed. No complaints about that room either. We decided to go visit family up north for a night and feeling like it wasn't time to return home because of our sick family member, I booked our fourth night at this hotel. Some people might say location isn't the greatest, but what hotel in BG is? The location was actually just right for where we needed to be. I would absolutely recommend this hotel when staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMCourtyardBG, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, We truly appreciate your business. We strive to provide the best customer service for all of our guest. We wish your family wellness, and we look forward to your next visit to Bowling Green, KY. May you always prosper in safe travels, and as always Thank you for choosing the Bowling Green Courtyard by Marriott.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed a weekend for recreation. We would stay again if in the area.

Welcoming check in staff.
Room was clean,comfortable and nice.

Breakfast was o.k. Not many selctions.
A.M/P.M staff very efficient and friendly.

Pool looked good as well. Carpet needs an update!!!
**No shuttle

1 Thank travelbear1999
GMCourtyardBG, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we truly appreciate your business and we were delighted to have you stay with us, we look forward to your next visit. May you always have safe travels. Thank you for choosing your Bowling Green Courtyard.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times in the past while on business. I used to prefer the Hilton Garden Inn next door, but the Courtyard was renovated a couple of years ago and I almost always go with the Courtyard now. It's a couple of miles past the interstate and very easy walking distance to a few pretty good eateries. If you play golf at the Crosswinds golf course across the street, you can easily drop the clubs off at the hotel and go enjoy your cold beverage of choice at Buffalo Wild Wings or Double Dogs literally right behind the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank StevefromKY
GMCourtyardBG, Director of Sales at Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you for choosing your Bowling Green Courtyard
Advance, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Courtyard Bowling Green made for a great start to our Kentucky vacation. Friendly check in, good wireless internet in the room. The room was clean and quiet and a very typical good deal from Marriott.

Room Tip: Internet booking is very easy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, We truly appreciate business, its always delightful to know when our guest are pleased with there stay, we strive to provide the best customer service available, Thank you for staying at your Bowling Green Courtyard, we look forward to your next visit.
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a road trip north. Location was not right at the interstate exit but wasn't very far from it, either (about 2 miles, I think). Entrance was exactly what we expected with the familiar Courtyard exterior and lobby. Friendly check in. Room was very comfortable. It was a nice surprise that the bed was either Tempurpedic or something similar, but one side was quite noisy with any movement (obviously the frame rails, not the mattress). The carpet in the room was the only thing we really noticed out of sync with what we expected and like from Marriott. The carpet looked quite old and stained, which made us want to leave our shoes on. When we were leaving (which was very early, before 430 am), we couldn't find any luggage carts near the entrance and the clerk on duty only half-heartedly offered to help find one (he looked very comfortable curled up on a lobby chair playing on his smart phone). We elected to just make a couple trips to load up rather than go hunting for a cart. Nothing about this stay would prevent us from staying here again, though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We sincerely apologize your stay was anything less than perfect, we would never want you to feel you couldn't slip your shoes off, we would have been more than happy to provided you with better accommodations, we strive to provide our guest with clean rooms, and adequate customer service, we hope you will consider staying with us again, and as always Thank you for staying at your Bowling Green Courtyard and may you always have safe travels.