I was in Bowling Green for one night with my sister to take my niece to College. The hotel seemed to be fine, was clean and comfortable. At that point, I was very pleased.
I fell asleep before my sister and she left the T.V. remote on my side of the nightstand. Sometime during the night the remote fell between the nightstand and the bed. When I reached down to pick the remote control up, I (ooohhh I itching right now just talking about it) reached down to pick it up and felt something else but grabbed the remote and returned to sleep.
Later during the night I felt like something was crawling on me and finally got up. To my surprise I had ants in the bed with me. I jumped up and after inspection realized it was an old and I do mean old cookie covered with ants between the bed and the nightstand...GROSS!
I quickly got up, threw it away, put the trashcan outside of the room, washed my hands then got in the bed with my sister because I was too freaked out to sleep in that bed because of the ants. Not a great night.
Around 8am I went downstairs told the front desk agent what happened and her response was, I'm sorry, she would make a note for housekeeping and offered me some free water and snacks from the store. What in the world????? Who wants food for a room that has ants.
Not that I wanted her to give us the room for free, but I told you I had to sleep in the bed with my sister when we paid for a double room. Likewise, it was 8am and check out wasn't until 11am, why in the world wouldn't she send housekeeping or maintenance to the room to address the problem immediately???
We plan to visit my niece plenty over the next four years, but the Courtyard will NEVER get another penny of my money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Bowling Green Convention Center is ideal for the corporate traveler who wants to get away from the busy interstate noise and the leisure traveler who wants to be close to all the area has to offer! We are located in the heart of Bowling Green, Kentucky, just 2.5 miles from I-65 and directly across from the Sloan Convention Center in a quiet, suburban area in walking distance of area restaurants and Crosswinds Golf Course. Our prime location is just a short drive to Western Kentucky University, the National Corvette Museum, NCM Motorsports Park, Lost River Cave, Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center (SKyPAC), Beech Bend Raceway & Park, and General Motors - Home of the Corvette! Enjoy our indoor pool, whirlpool, 24-hour business center, fitness center, high-speed internet access, and extra-plush Tempur-Pedic(R) bedding. Start your morning with a made-to-order breakfast from the Bistro and a cup of Starbucks coffee or wind down with a refreshing beverage in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Marriott
- Bowling Green Courtyard
- Courtyard Bowling Green Hotel