“Great hotel in a nice location.”

Hampton Inn Bowling Green
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel in a nice location.”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. We have stayed in this hotel numerous times. The hotel has a very nice outside pool. I enjoyed using the exercise room. It is on the smaller side but perfect for what is needed for my workout. The women at the front desk are wonderful and very helpful. Everyone is very friendly. Breakfast is great and I think they have a good selection of items to pick from. The room and hotel are very clean. The bed is very comfortable. I only ever had one issue when staying at this hotel. That is I would suggest to people not to take the room on the first floor closest to the front desk. Across from that room is a conference room. I was woken up around six in the morning by a very large group of men having a meeting in this room. Luckily for me it was only one morning.
There is a mall close by and tons of places to eat. We really enjoy Montana Grill. We eat there everytime we are in the area. Its a beautiful area and if you are into Geocaching there are some amazing places to cache and explore.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Trvl4fun12
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
I am always happy to write responses like this! I sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I greatly appreciate wonderful comments like yours. I hope that the next time you visit Bowling Green, you choose to stay with us. Again, I appreciate your business and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Michael Nunn General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Alachua, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in Bowling Green. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful. This hotel is located at a busy I65 exit with several choices of restaurants. Nice area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
I would like to sincerely thank you for saying we are "Very Nice" and choosing to stay with us, and I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments. I hope that if you ever visit Bowling Green again, you choose to stay with us. Again, I appreciate your business and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

TN
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Nice location near shopping and restaurants. Close to interstae, but no traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments. I hope that if you ever visit Bowling Green again, you choose to stay with us. Again, I appreciate your business and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed here for one night on our way to Beach Bend Amusement Park. The good thing was the room had lots of room for four of us. We had plenty of towels for all of us to shower, the fridge was a nice plus and room was nonsmoking and smelled nonsmoking which was prefect. I usually don't stay at this brand of hotel but I am glad I took a chance on this one and did. Only wish we had spent the second night here to. The only problem I had was front desk acted like we were bugging her when we came in to check in.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we greatly appreciate your wonderful comments. I am very sorry you didn't feel welcomed by the Front Desk staff and I sincerely hope that if you ever visit Bowling Green again, you choose to stay with us. Again, we appreciate your business are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Very clean, well kept. Excellent breakfast. And I really appreciate the assistance I received from Michael the manager.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Brighton, MI
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Average hotel, but expected more from a Hampton Inn. Very friendly staff. the breakfast attendant was very nice. But there was a few problems. On my floor(2nd)there were cheerleaders staying at the hotel that would walk around and knock on doors and then run away. i do realize this was not the fault of the hotel, but you would think they would check out complaints a bit better. The most upsetting thing about this is it happened 3 times between the hours of 10:00pm and 12:30AM. It woke me up twice. A more disappointing problem was that the phone would ring at about the same hours and just hang up. I would call the front desk to complain and they told me all calls are routed through the front desk and he would check out the call logs, Never got a response and this happened a couple more times and they never stopped the problem. The front desk did not seem to even want to hear about it and only responded with a not too serious "i'm sorry this happened". They must have been short staffed that night as when i did call for a wake up call, the phone seemed to ring forever(at least a 1 minute). Other that that, this hotel was very clean, with a friendly housekeeping staff which was very nice and helpful to us. I could recommend this hotel if they clean up these small but annoying problems, but the way they handled things i would have to say check out something else first.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Casual001
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Returning from a holiday visit with our family we arranged to stop over in Bowling Green which, though not at a mid-point in our two day drive, features one of our favorite reataurants (the Montana Grill....see that review).

In the past we've stayed at the Drury Inn when we traveled with our dog (nice people but the facility is getting a bit tired), at the Courtyard by Marriott (reasonably well appointed, some rooms are clean, staff is a bit cold) and the Fairfield Inn (don't consider it). This time around....again having our puppy with us....we decided to try the Hampton Inn and, as a result, we now have a hotel to add to our favorites list.

For a very competitive price the Hampton in Bowling Green is first class. Parking is convenient to doors located on all four sides of the hotel (which, save for the lobby, are key coded for security). The lobby is very open, attractive and up-to-date and has a good set-up for both visiting and the morning breakfast (also very well done) that's included with your room. The front desk team members are great, efficient and make you feel very welcome. The elevators to the upper floors are located in the center of the hotel so access is easy from anyplace in the interior or from any entrance.

As noted we were traveling with our small dog. From what we can tell the hotel puts guests with pets in the rear half of the first floor thereby providing easy access to grassy areas in the rear of the property and keeping the pet owners and the non-pet owners in seperate parts of the facility. Great plan from our perspective.

The rooms are spacious and VERY CLEAN. Featuring white duvat bed covers there's no guessing if the top of the bed is clean or not (it is). Nice being in a hotel where you can flop down on the bed knowing it's immaculate. The bed itself featured a variety of pillows. Based on zero reaction from our dog there was no evidence than another pet had every been in the room and the room smelled great. Storage is super (end tables and a large dresser under the flat screen) in addition to shelves under the bathroom sink. The modern bathroom....with excellent lighting....contained additional shelves under the sink for your "stuff" so the sink area itself remained very workable. There was a lighted alcove OUTSIDE of the bathroom for the coffee pot, ice bucket, etc. Much to our surprise there was also a safe in the closet. You control the room temperature with a thermostat.

Net/net, we've stayed at some very first class facilities throughout the world and though we're not talking about the Four Seasons here, this was as well done and comfortable facility as we've stayed at for some time. If you're going to be in Bowling Green we recommend this facility be at the top of your list.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple