“Call Hotel before you book your stay .”

Hampton Inn Bowling Green
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Romeoville, Illinois, United States
“Call Hotel before you book your stay .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We always stop at Hampton Inns for the amenities they offer. We took our two grandsons with us to Florida . We were all set to use the pool only to find out that it would not open till Memorial Day . The next day we go to have the complimentary hot breakfast , only to find out that they are not allowed to serve food from heated servers. You can take a bagged sandwich and nuke it . If I wanted that I would go to McDonalds and stay at a less expensive Hotel . On their website the pool closing and what they serve for breakfast is not mentioned . It's a surprise!! But yet they have the nerve to charge full price for the room .
I would not recommend any Hotel in Bowling Green that serves a Hot Breakfast because we were told its against the law to serve food out of heated containers in Hotels in that county .
I am disappointed in Hampton and will deal with them shortly . This is not over !!

• Stayed May 2013
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself.

Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Seminole, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is about six miles from the National Corvette Museum and several other attractions in the area. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The beds...what can I say...some of the most comfortable in hotels today. If I'm back in Bowling Green, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Terry S
Thank You so much for choosing to stay with us during your business travel! We're so pleased you had a wonderful experience while staying with us. I am glad to hear that in the future you plan come back to visit us, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations at that time!
Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights while we attended an event at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Everything was mostly acceptable during our stay. Check-in was quick and efficient, the room was OK, and the place was mostly clean. Due to the hotel being nearly full when I made our online reservation, I had to take a Mobility (handicapped) room. The queen bed was certainly not up to the standards of the Tempurpedic we have at home, but it didn't cause any morning backaches, either. The bathroom was functional with a decent showerhead and passable water pressure. The TV worked fine and the heat/AC was efficient and not too loud.

Having stayed at this property in the past, we were aware that they do not serve the traditional Hampton hot breakfast items. This time around, I asked the breakfast attendant why. Her response was that the county health department would not allow them to do that given the small area they had for food prep. I took that to mean that the owner of the property was too cheap to install a sink. At any rate, you're offered two or three frozen sandwich/breakfast items and a microwave oven. Needless to say, we took advantage of the offer of 20% off the check at the Bob Evans restaurant that fronts the hotel (and the place was surprisingly good; so much so that we ate there three times over the course of our visit). Yes, that was money out of our pocket, but I would rather pay for a decent meal than eat C-store-style at the hotel. Other reviews here happily mention "free breakfast" but it's obvious those folks are not frequent travelers or are not familiar with the "normal" Hampton breakfast format. To each his own...

For our next trip to the museum, I may be tempted to try another hotel, although that would mean foregoing my Hilton Hhonors points. But it you're looking for nothing fancy, this fills the bill.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KSUBaker
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your honest review. I would like to comment on the breakfast issue. Sadly there is much more needed that a sink. We litterally do not have the room to install all the equipment needed to have everything the Health Department requires to do the full Hampton Breakfast. We are a long established location, but that also means our staff has valuable experience gained over our history which we pass on in hospitality to our guests. I will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our overall guest experience. We hope you will come visit us when your travels bring you back to the Corvette Muesum in the future.
Louisville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton was okay. I just wish the hotel had been smoke free. The boiler went out and we did not have hot water for showers. Hotel staff was very apologetic and we did get a refund. Would stay again at a Hampton if it were a smoke free facility

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us! We try really hard to make our hotel a place that is comfortable and accommodating. We always want to offer you everything, right where you need it. When something goes wrong like the bolier being out, you can count on us to make it right. I am pleased to let you know that later this year or early next we will be 100% smoke free! We look forward to serving you again when you pass through Bowling Green!
upstate New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently spent a week in Bowling Green for work. The hotel is easy to get to from I-65. It's on an access road, just off of one of the main roads, with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. As all Hampton Inns, this hotel had free breakfast and wi-fi. It also had a little fitness center. They also had fruit and cookies available in the evening. My room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job, and even left little notes and mints in my room. The front desk staff was cheerful at check-in and helped me print my boarding pass when the computers were being difficult. My only complaint (and it's minor) was that the room felt a bit old and dated, but again - it was clean. Overall, the Hampton Inn was nice and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We strive daily to make sure our guests are comfortable and happy with their stay. We will be getting a fresh new look this fall as well! We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and if we can be of any assistance to you please let me know. Have a great day and thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Bowling Green.
Bowling Green, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice and clean. Room had no refrigerator or microwave. The staff here was excellent...especially Donnie! Breakfast was good and had several good choices for a continental style. Would recommend to those traveling to Bowling Green!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank estesla
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try really hard to make our hotel a place that is comfortable and accommodating. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and breakfast during this busy time. We look forward to serving you again when you pass through Bowling Green!
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is very clean and attractive even though it is a older facility. It is reasonably priced and excellent value. What puts it in the awesome category is the personnel. When we checked in we asked about the warm cookies for quick energy as we had driven 13 hours. They said they did not have them week-ends but offered us some packaged snacks which we choose not to take, but they tried to please us. The next morning we got up 1 hour early due to the time zone change, and I called to ask if they had anything to go..this was 5:00 AM..and the manager said almost everything was set up and come down. He the proceeded to help us. Also you have the best coffee. What a wonderful surprise.personnel going the extra mile

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnBG, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bowling Green, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I am very glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us! We strive everyday to make our hotel warm and friendly so that it feels like a home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again really soon!