“Enjoyed the stay”

Ramada Bowling Green
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed July 21, 2006

I had read some reviews and was a little worried, but I was very pleasantly surprised. We had two poolside rooms, they were both very clean and comfortable. Yes, the hotel is older, but the rooms were clean, the staff very pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Reviewed July 10, 2006

This Ramada is in need of renovation. The locks on the entry doors to the building were popped out. The room smelled like burnt hair. The sheets were yellow. There was a big hole in the shower wall. I was checking to see if they had bed bugs and when I lifted up the mattress there were disgusting brown stains on the box springs. I brought my own sheets and blanket incase this was a bad hotel because I had never stayed there before and I'm glad I did. I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank Mrs Pickiest
A TripAdvisor Member
Indiana
Reviewed October 11, 2005

FIRST OF ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING WHAT A GREAT PLACE IT WAS ARE THE HOTEL OWNERS no doubt- OR THERE WAS A SECTION IN THE HOTEL FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE RAMADA GOLD CARD HOLDERS OR SOMETHING.
I FEEL for the lady who was up all night. I was down for a softball tourney and had another player staying with me and my daughter who plays. The first thing I did was get a room on the back 40......(the back 40 is about a half a mile away with no connecting hallways with unlocked doors) I went to use my key to open the door and a lady said" YOUR NOT COMING IN HERE!" "THIS IS MY ROOM"! ....THE KIDS WERE LAUGHING BUT i AND THE LADY ON THE OTHERSIDCE OF THE DOOR WAS NOT! They had rented my room out to someone else. So then I took the half mile hike back up to the desk, PASSED a Lawn mower tractor with a wagon pulling 5 Mexicans, at 7pm at night?????????? Obviously workers but it was getting to late to cut the grass.
I proceeded to the lobby..AGAIN, The lobby was in decent shape-Would defintely fool you if you were a little groggy coming in off a long road trip looking for a warm bed to sleep in. They moved me after apologizing once to the back 20...not quite as far back but still pretty far. I recovered the kids and found the room. I walked in a thought hmmm, this isnt to bad for 53.00....BUT THEN IT HAPPENED- walked in the bathroom and there it was,a "Razor back" roach I call them, with sharp pointed armour-these suckers are not easy to kill so I caught him in the ice bucket. I showed the kids what not to confuse as being friendly foe. Then, I had to use the rest room, another team mate/coach had told me a review he had saw about RING WORM at this hotel so I was making sure I cover the toilet with paper and other protection. about the time I started to relieve myself I saw 2 more roaches of a different breed.......I decided to wait on what my intial plans were as you know and get the ice bucket, i captured 2 more.......I told the kids to take a shower by standing on a towl, hoping that would prevent any athlete s foot or ring worm-and to make the water nice and hot to possibly help sanitizing the tub where they stood. I only felt one creepy crawly on me as i slept and I knocked it off, went and got my ice bucket and captured it....that was my brief stay(other observations,some kind of chum on the wall and chair, I am scared to guess what that might have been. The chair back was broken from some kind of rough activity to doubt.
I proceeded to the lobby to check out. I was going to bring my ice bucket and dump what I found on the counter but decided to leave warning for the next tennant. Im sure they were aware what they were getting into when they went to get ice that next night. My apologies for that but how was I to warn you when I did not know who you would be.
When I went to pay I told the manager/owner(?) at the counter about my adventures.......As I could tell she was VERY UNCONCERNED because she offered me 10.00 off my room. Of course I accepted the discount,I stayed I owe. That is my phylosophy. What made me mad was that was only a 2.00 a bug discount. I hope you get more of a discount than I did-Or a cleaner area to sleep in.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2005

Ramada needs to visit their properties occasionally. We found sullen desk employees, stained carpets, AC that worked poorly, shower head that leaked, etc.

For those non-smokers, the breakfast is done in their nightclub. Smells like stale smoke. We'll find another hotel for our next visit to Bowling Green!!

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank VetteDriver
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We have just got back from spending a night in the Ramada inn in Bowling green the rooms were nice the Hall ways were hot and not so nice it look as if they were remodling them. The staff was super nice and I will stay there again where I go back.

Reviewed July 4, 2005

My husband is currently working in Bowling Green at the Corvette plant - he was out of town for his birthday so I reserved a room and went down to see him. The room I reserved at the Ramada sounded great on the phone - it was a last minute thing so I did not get to check online before I made the reservation....the place is horrible.

Dirty, smelly, scary and hot hallways lead you to your "king suite" room that is dingy and also smelly. The stains on the furniture and most noticeably on the bed were disgusting. I checked beneath the covers several times to make sure there were not bugs or something in there...I did not sleep all night - and got out as fast as I could the next morning. Wish I had the extra funds to go to the Fairfield like Mr. Chicago did. The outside was a dead giveaway as soon as you left the lobby area.

Our bathroom somehow was very clean though. It was like walking into a completely different room - didn't look like it belonged to our "love nest" as we jokingly referred to it.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank cynny
Reviewed June 29, 2005

we stayed here june 25 and found the rooms to be nice and clean. it looks as though they have just gone through some renovations. the onsite nightclub had a great band and the place was packed. we enjoyed the nice pool too.

• Stayed: June 2005