Our family reserved four hotel rooms for three nights over Thanksgiving weekend at the Holiday Inn University Plaza in Bowling Green, KY. We had rooms 623, 624, 628, and 629. We checked in on Wenesday and left on Thursday morning around 10:00 AM for our Thanksgiving meal at a family friends house. When we returned around 8:30, my brother entered his room and found that his IPod Nano had been stolen. We reported the theft to the hotel immediately. They had my brother fill out a property incident report and told him that the manager, Colleen Vitter, would be in touch with him first thing in the morning.
They also sent an Engineering employee up to read the lock. The employee they sent up wasn't trained on reading the locks, so they had to call in some other employee. By the time he got in, the information was pretty redundant because my brother's Mac Powerbook system log told us the IPod had been improperly disconnected at 11:50. We later found out that one of the housekeeping keys was used at 11:43.
We went back to our rooms with no real apology from the employees on duty. Someone called us in the morning and told us that we needed to file a police report. The police came and my brother filed the report with them. We were told about the times on the housekeeping keys at this point. We also were told that one of the housekeepers who worked on the 6th floor the day before had only been employed there for one week and had called in sick that day.
At that point, you would think that Management would have been proactive and begun to try to address the customer service disaster. Not so! We didn't hear a word from the hotel. On Saturday when we checked out, we had to hunt down Ms. Vitter and ask again what their plan was for addressing the issue. Ms. Vitter, despite having 2 days and the police involved at an incident at her property, had not started her investigation. She said she had to "deal with the employee issue first". I have no idea why we have to wait on her HR issue for customer service! We asked her why she wasn't just dealing with the issue now, while we were there and got a bunch of evasions. Maybe she doubted that our item had actually been stolen? We're supposed to hear something from her Tuesday, but I have no faith that we will.
I have worked for Marriott and run a bed and breakfast inn. I NEVER would have let a customer leave my property in this situation without some attempt at apology and resolution. I will never stay at this hotel again. I wish Holiday Inn had some kind of satisfaction guarantee, but I can't find one.
Please, Beware. Lock up your valuables.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best of Bowling Green, Kentucky is awaiting for you at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. This unique atrium style high rise hotel is surrounded by the links of CrossWinds Golf and adjacent to the Sloan Convention Center. Fabulous restaurants and shops are within a few short blocks. Bowling Greens unique attractions such as the National Corvette Museum, Beech Bend Amusement Park and Raceway, Ag Expo and Western Kentucky University are all within eight miles. Our convenient location is midway between Interstate 65 exit 22 and historic downtown Bowling Green. Nashville International Airport is just over an hour's drive from the hotel's front door. The interior garden atrium of the Holiday Inn University Plaza offers security and comfort to guests who find their room entry visible from the lobby and the public areas of the hotel. All the guest rooms and suites are extra large, tastefully decorated, and equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, and 40 cable television channels. For your relaxation, we invite you to take a dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool or get a work-out in our health club which features cardio machines and free weights. The Hartland CafÃ© offers a quiet atmosphere to meet with friends and business associates as you enjoy an abundant country breakfast buffet. The Atrium Lounge is open seven days a week at 4:30 and specializes in Kentucky small batch bourbons ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Holiday Inn Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Holiday Inn