All reviewsconvention centerfake plantsroom serviceroom was cleanindoor poolbreakfast buffetenjoyed my staynice hotelthe entire hotelhot tubwould stay here againi highly recommend this hotelup to datenice staywafflesatriumconference
Reviewed October 3, 2016

In town for WKU family weekend. We had two rooms reserved. King Suites. These are rooms with a bed room and living room. On the 1st night we checked in, went up to the room #228 and opened the door to a gross smell of smoke and mildew and very dark. I immediately wished I had brought an air freshener. Then my daughter pulled out the fold our bed for herself and the mattress was dirty and full of crumbs. I said "It will be ok, let's cover it with the bedding that is in the closet." So I got it out and tried to cover the dirty mattress. Then, we found POOP stains all over the bedding that was in the BAG and suppose to be clean! We were totally grossed out. We went down to the front desk and they changed us to another room. #428. We entered the room to the same stench of a smell and grossed out once again. There was even nasty dead bugs in the light above the little kitchen table....windows were covered with mold and dirty. We tried to find a room at another hotel, but they were all booked. I am a travel agent and travel A LOT. This hotel would NEVER pass my inspection. This is also the 1st negative post I have ever left for a hotel. Long story short, we were excited to stay here...it is nice from the outside and we just stayed at one in Cinci that was brand new and beautiful, but this location is FAR from it. Old, smells, need reno, moldy, dirty..... next time we will be back to the Hilton Garden inn across the street. It is new, clean and just a little more expensive. Well worth it!

Room Tip: Don't come here....go to the Hilton Garden Inn across the street!
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Dear BeachbunnyJo,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 28, 2016

The hotel and room were very nice, just a slight smoky smell in the room I stayed in. But all in all, the room was very comfortable, the staff were very pleasant and the hotel was very neat and clean.

Room Tip: I chose an Executive King Suite. Very spacious, living room and bedroom were separated.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
BOWLGHIGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2016

Selena P -

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We are pleased that you found your room comfortable and the property was neat and clean. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service and I am pleased they were very pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Bowling Green.

Best Regards -

Brian ~ GM

Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful when you walk in, it's like the wow factor. But I need a refrigerator not a one cup Keurig, the breakfast buffet was good but a bit overpriced. The beds where super comfortable but my room smelled like wet dog. I don't know if they allow pets but that's the smell when you walked into the room. I wouldn't mind to stay again I would just pack a cooler and laundry detergent if you need to wash, they had the washer/dryer but they where out of detergent.(no good for me)

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
BOWLGHIGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2016

Snapkris -

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our management team. We look forward to having you back the next time you're in Bowling Green!

Reviewed September 24, 2016

We only stayed one night, to go to a Cross Country meet the next day in town. We used reward points to book the room and was pleasantly surprised to get upgraded to a executive suite. The Suite was two rooms and very nicely updated with flat screen on the wall and a full livingroom with 4 person table to eat at. We just ordered Dominoes and just ate in that night, so i cant speak for how the hotel restaurant was. The pool was very nice and the workout room too. The bathroom in the rooms could still use some updating, but worked fine. It was showing age. I really enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade if you use their rewards program
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family

vabbey -

Thank you so much for your great review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Bowling Green!

Reviewed September 16, 2016

A very large hotel, with an enormous atrium. Very good service & very nice bedroom - although the shower curtain fixture was broken, and so the shower curtain drooped.
Apart from that the room was well kept.
Surprisingly there is no free breakfast - and if you partake of their breakfast buffet in their restaurant it will cost you $15.00!
The bar was well stacked & we enjoyed it!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business

JBDWINE -

Thank you so much for your good review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in and we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.