Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cardinal Motel(Bowling Green)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsconvention centerfake plantsembassy suitesroom serviceroom was cleanindoor poolbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayvery nice hotelshort staycar showlobby areahot tubwould stay here againnice staygreat roomwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Just returned from a very enjoyable conference at this hotel. Check in and out was almost instantaneous and problem free. Room appeared larger than most standard 2 double bed hotel rooms. The staff was very accomodating with our needs. The only problem was the heating/air system appeared to be on one unit so temperature control for the meeting rooms was out of our hands. (Too cold in some places, too warm in others).

Had room service for breakfast the last morning and it arrived on time and was delicious. Hotel is close to the main strip for easy dining and shopping experiences. Loved Rafferty's but hated Steak 'n Shake which were both nearby. We have already made plans for another conference here in a couple of years and I don't think we will be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank SOKYWOMAN
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I stayed there in March of 2008. Minimal front desk staff, had to wait several times for them to return. Pool / Spa area, disgustingly dirty. I walked in, looked and left. Comfortable bed, horrible pillows. For the money, stay elsewhere !

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Got this 2.5 star hotel on priceline for 50 bucks plus tax. The hotel is easy to find a short ways off of Rt 231, huge central atrium, clean comfortable rooms. Pool, restaurant, (did not use either) wanted to use lobby bar, but it was closed until 4 PM even on Sunday on NFL playoff day. For the money it was a great deal. Lots of other restaurants to choose from a short ways away on Scottsville Road (231).

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I stayed here in January as part of a work conference. The hotel room was large, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Everything except for linens are changed daily and when I wrote to housecleaner not to change soap (part of my conservation ethic!), s/he left me a new one but didn't touch the one I left. Good service!
The staff was great all around. Our breakfast was the same each day and that was a bummer. I also tired of the vegetarian zucchini entree each day at the buffet lunch in the restaurant. oh well. But the food was good and the service very warm and excellent.
The pool was fine when I was there. had fake plants all around it which made it relaxing!The fitness room's tvs were too high so I couldn't change channels. the jacuzzi worked after the first night with a note left 1st night apologizing.
I thought the atrium was beautiful.
B/c the hotel is on a parking lot off of the highway, don't expect a nice walk outside.
the group I was with was happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2007

My company held a training meeting here for customers 10/07. Group of 40. Booked 4 months prior & confirmed all orders the week before. This was my 2nd event booked at this hotel. I had a less than stellar experience here last year, but decided to give them a 2nd chance to redeem themselves, giving them the benefit of the doubt. They blew it as it was much worse the second time around. I had no time to spend with meeting attendees or working my exhibit due to dealing with all of the problems we encountered. I have booked meetings in the southeast for 17 yrs, all types of hotels and event locations. This was one of the worst. I arrived 2 hours early to set up (I could not set up the night before because the room was in use). List of problems that I encountered immediately on arrival: Missing registration table (I could not set up my registration materials), no forks for breakfast food (lg messy cinnamon rolls), no napkins, ice and glasses were out but the sodas were missing, no trash can in room. Sitting on my exhibt tables were 3 lg heavy black tubs full of something foul smelling that I had to move before I could set up my supplies and exhibit (there were crumbs on the table as well). The tubs weighed about 50 lbs each and smelled horrible - had some type of food substance in them- I had to move them before I could use the tables for my supplies and exhibits. I had limited time to set up and prepare for attendees arrival. The foul odor from these tubs got on my hands as well as my suit - smelled it the rest of the day. I had to clean my exhibit tables of crumbs before setting up my exhibits. Room temp was either 60 or 80 all day, no in between. 60 degrees all morning - I asked them twice to warm it up. After lunch, it was 80 degrees at least. I asked them to cool it down (whatever happened to good old 70 degrees??). It never cooled - I asked twice. It was very hot the rest of the day. We could not open the doors to let in air because the deafening sound from the lobby waterfall right outside our door was drowning out our speaker. We scheduled to eat at 11:00 am. We broke at 10:50 am. Buffet lunch was not ready and would not have been ready at 11:00 am either. If we are scheduled to eat at 11:00 am, then I expect the food to be ready 15 minutes prior. They did not put out enough food (we had 44 for lunch and the sales mgr was aware of that number). Less than half the people were through the buffet line when we ran out of bread, salad, plates, soup bowls, and utensils. There was no attendant present so I had to track people down to help, which was slow. We had been running early, but by that time, we had to work through lunch to finish on time due to the delays. I spent the entire day trying to track down employees for assistance, including about 10 trips to the front desk. The coffee was never refreshed the entire day - it was room temp by 10 am and cold the rest of the day - it was never checked. (mtg was 7am - 4:30 pm). The sodas were never refreshed either. We had no soda's at lunch - I had to track someone down to bring out sodas. They never checked the beverage station to keep it fresh the entire day - it was put out in the morning and not checked again. There were so many continuous problems and needs that I just started calling the hotel sales director on my cell phone. She came by twice but I never saw her again - She also did not check with me before I left the hotel. I still haven't heard from her. The other employees seemed slow and apathetic.The front desk staff seemed inconvenienced by our requests for assistance. There was no sense of urgency about anything here. I did not plan to spend my time walking all over the hotel to track down assistance. I expect the hotel to have someone assigned to my mtg to introduce themselves and check in with me before my mtg starts - that never happended at this hotel. I am comparing this hotel to all other event experiences I have had over the years - they did not measure up. This was a meeting for my customers. The poor service we received reflected poorly on me and I'm sure gave my customers a less than stellar impression of my company. I was embarrassed. I would not recommend having an event at this hotel - there are much better locations in this town. We will not be back. Feel free to contact me to discuss or for suggested alternatives in Bowling Green KY - there are much better event locations in BG.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business