We have stayed at this location many, many, times. This last experience was very disappointing! I booked our room through Orbitz, and I have never had a problem using this website for any type of travel. I check in and sign my credit slip and see that we had been given a king room. I had made the reservation for two beds, because there were four of us staying in the room. I go back to the female associate and luckily have my confirmation from Orbitz to show her, and she begrudgingly changes our room. No apology, no conversation.
When one of my daughters and myself entered the room, we both smelled something foul. I did not mention to my daughter that it smelled like cat pee. Several trips in and out of the room with luggage, and my daughter said the same thing. Once my husband and other daughter arrived, it was the first thing they both mentioned! Don't know if the desk associate knew this room smelled when she gave it to us, but it felt somewhat vindictive?!?
I did not bring it up as we quickly decided not to spend more than one night here and cancelled the rest of our reservation. We almost exclusively stay at the another hotel whenever in Bowling Green now, as we have grown tired of the lack of free breakfast and unhelpful staff. They make you feel as though they are doing you a favor checking you in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best of Bowling Green, Kentucky is awaiting for you at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. This unique atrium style high rise hotel is surrounded by the links of CrossWinds Golf and adjacent to the Sloan Convention Center. Fabulous restaurants and shops are within a few short blocks. Bowling Greens unique attractions such as the National Corvette Museum, Beech Bend Amusement Park and Raceway, Ag Expo and Western Kentucky University are all within eight miles. Our convenient location is midway between Interstate 65 exit 22 and historic downtown Bowling Green. Nashville International Airport is just over an hour's drive from the hotel's front door. The interior garden atrium of the Holiday Inn University Plaza offers security and comfort to guests who find their room entry visible from the lobby and the public areas of the hotel. All the guest rooms and suites are extra large, tastefully decorated, and equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, and 40 cable television channels. For your relaxation, we invite you to take a dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool or get a work-out in our health club which features cardio machines and free weights. The Hartland CafÃ© offers a quiet atmosphere to meet with friends and business associates as you enjoy an abundant country breakfast buffet. The Atrium Lounge is open seven days a week at 4:30 and specializes in Kentucky small batch bourbons ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Holiday Inn Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Holiday Inn