first off I am in love with the layout of this hotel. It's wide open atrium with natural light and a waterfall doesn't make you feel crowded or like you're in a dimly lit lobby. The rooms are very nice. Yeah they aren't a 5 or 6 star quality rooms but they're very clean and comfortable and quite spacious for a room that had a king bed and a sofa.. The view overlooking the golf course was nice. Didn't see anybody playing but it's winter time so I imagine it's more lively during the rest of the year. I had some noisy neighbors and the walls are a bit thin but that's true of almost any hotel so I can't really hold that against Holiday Inn. I love that it was connected to the Sloan Convention Center which is where my event (Sukoshicon Bowling Green) was at so it was nice to walk between the two and not have to walk out into the cold. The elevator is pretty quick and if you're not paying attention you could be at the floor you need to get off on before you know it. My only complaint is that my room was in a far corner of the floor.. meaning no matter what i had to take this long walk around to get to the elevator.. but on the other side of that argument, it was nice to be tucked away in the corner and not have sounds of the elevator or waterfall right outside my room at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best of Bowling Green, Kentucky is awaiting for you at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. This unique atrium style high rise hotel is surrounded by the links of CrossWinds Golf and adjacent to the Sloan Convention Center. Fabulous restaurants and shops are within a few short blocks. Bowling Greens unique attractions such as the National Corvette Museum, Beech Bend Amusement Park and Raceway, Ag Expo and Western Kentucky University are all within eight miles. Our convenient location is midway between Interstate 65 exit 22 and historic downtown Bowling Green. Nashville International Airport is just over an hour's drive from the hotel's front door. The interior garden atrium of the Holiday Inn University Plaza offers security and comfort to guests who find their room entry visible from the lobby and the public areas of the hotel. All the guest rooms and suites are extra large, tastefully decorated, and equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, and 40 cable television channels. For your relaxation, we invite you to take a dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool or get a work-out in our health club which features cardio machines and free weights. The Hartland CafÃ© offers a quiet atmosphere to meet with friends and business associates as you enjoy an abundant country breakfast buffet. The Atrium Lounge is open seven days a week at 4:30 and specializes in Kentucky small batch bourbons ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Holiday Inn Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Holiday Inn