Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cardinal Motel(Bowling Green)
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centerfake plantsembassy suitesroom serviceroom was cleanindoor poolbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayvery nice hotelshort staycar showlobby areahot tubwould stay here againnice staygreat roomwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Our 6th floor room with two double beds was spacious with a work desk and roll-away chair, free Wi-Fi, and side chair with ottoman.

The bathroom was clean with large, snow-white hand and bath towels.

There was a bedside radio and a telephone plus a second phone on the work desk.

A choice of pillows covered the bed's duvet.

We thought this Holiday Inn was a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank MLStanton
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my second time at this property and the staff is great and the hotel is very nice. The restaurant staff is very friendly as well. Y The rooms are great and the water fall in the lobby is very nice and creates a nice calming affect

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay! The beds are comfortable with down pillows. The indoor pool was great with the kids watching a storm while swimming! The rooms are spacious and spotless. Breakfast is amazing! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Let me start this off by saying I stayed at this hotel approx. one year ago. Last year when I went to take a shower I found dirty linen in the bath tub. This year booked this hotel for two nights as I was attending some meetings in town at the convention center. I went to take a shower and found the past guests dirty hairy soap still in the shower, makes me wonder how clean the shower actual was. I went ahead and shower, went to the front desk and told them about the issue, they agreed that was nasty and would make a note for housekeeping to take care of it. Later that same day I went back to my room after housekeeping had beeen in, what did I find but the same soap with the nasty hairs on it still in my shower. I went to the front desk and complained they said it would be taken care of, I went out for supper and was gone for a few hours. When I came back the dirty hairy soap was gone, but who knows if they cleaned the tub properyly or not.

Next day I was running a little behind and decided to just make some coffee in my room using the in room coffee maker, this was a mistake as I looked at the coffee pot I found old coffee stains and a pubic hair!! That was enough for me, I will not stay at this location again, if I have to be in Bowling Green again I will stay somewhere else.

I have attached a couple of pictures.

I should say the front desk staff was very nice and seemed to care, the housekeeping staff on the other hand needs to find another line of work or have some intensive training.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris40181
BOWLGHIGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Chris C -
Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. We have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and we will share the content of your review with our Housekeeping staff and utilize this as a training tool. You can rest assured that this was firmly addressed and won't happen again. That is not the standard of cleanliness we have for our hotel and we find it unacceptable. We believe this was an isolated occurrence and apologize to you for any inconvenience. It is our goal for every guest to have a great experience and we are embarrassed that we didn't accomplish that with you.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to the next time you are in Bowling Green. Should you grant us that opportunity, you can contact me directly, and I will personally make sure you're taken care of. Feel free to contact me at the hotel.
Best Regards ~ Brian ~ GM

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions. The indoor pool keeps the kids happy and the the rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly and their are some many restaurants nearby so dining is easy. Just one thing to know, breakfast is not free, so if that is important, this may not be the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Elevators are alittle slow, so if you are going to be in and out a lot, get a lower level room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family