“Decent Room for the Price!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green

Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Los Angeles, California
“Decent Room for the Price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This Holiday Inn reminds me of the one up in Billings, MT as far as the design and layout are comcerned. But that's where the similarities end. It had a really nice lobby, and they had the big game on the TV when I arrived, so they get a brownie point for that.

The room itself wasn't anything special... at best typical Holiday Inn in nature. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the bed was comfy. For an overnight stay, you can't go wrong! I heard from my wife and kids that the breakfast was very yummy. Had I partaked in it myself, I would have given them another star. But I can only rank them according to my personal experience.

For Bowling Green, it wasn't a bad place to stay! No offense intended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place is conveniently located for folks passing thru or needing stay awhile in Blwling Green KY. Many nice, American pop culture-approved restaurants and other eateries nearby. Rooms are note particularly noteworthy but are of usual Holiday Inn high quality.

Room Tip: King bed, non-smoking rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This Holiday Inn had a lovely lobby. The staff of the restaurant were particularly responsive and pleasant. The room was fine.It was quite large with a comfortable king size bed. I was there alone, but if my husband had been with me, I would probably be complaining that there was not enough drawer space: two drawers only. There were little things that needed to be repaired: water drained slowly from the tub; door latch didn't work right; TV pictures periodically had lines running through it. I did not complain as I did not want to be bothered with maintenance coming to my room, since I was only there for one night. Overall, I would say it was okay, and since I paid a conference rate, it was worth it. Would I stay again? Maybe. It would depend on the alternatives.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have to first say that I am in the business of hospitality and a major germ freak, so before you think I'm too harsh, I want that to be known. I was in for a conference and had no trouble booking my room ahead of time. When I arrived a bellman offered to help as I had quite a bit with me, but when I went to check-in two ladies at the front desk were chatting and it took them a moment to notice me. (Not that big of a deal) But, after being given my room key/number, credit card taken, I wasn't given ANY other information. No check-out time, no directions to any amenities, have a good stay-nothing.The bellman assisted quite nicely to the room which was customary for this chain. However, I noticed my alarm clock was jostled to one side of the bedside table and unplugged. When I went to plug it in there was a used kids straw laying beside the bed. Everything else seemed to be pretty standard in cleanliness until I went to the bathroom. The vanity had obviously not been completely wiped down as there was dust on it still and the hairdryer was pretty dirty as well. All in all, I am not really complaining about these little mishaps-it just made me think...If I notice these small things, what else are they not cleaning well? Like I said, I'm a little harsher than most on the cleanliness issue. The hotel overall could have used some updates, but I just wish they would have paid a little more attention in teaching their front desk staff customer service skills and paid closer attention to these small cleaning mishaps. Not terrible, but given the opportunity to return to the area and Sloan conference center-I'll probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BOWLGHIGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Kate K - Thank you for taking time to share with us your recent experience. We deeply value the feedback we receive from our guests. First, let me apologize for the poor check in experience and the cleanliness issues while you were here. Our daily goal is for each of our guests to have a great experience and I am sorry we didn't accomplish that goal with you. I will share your experience with my Front Desk and Housekeeping team so that we may improve our level of service and cleanliness.

We are about to begin a significant renovation beginning in 2013 that will address many of the updating issues. We hope you will allow us to take care of you next time you're in Bowling Green. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Best Regards ~ Brian, GM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Got a good rate, but usually this is the more expensive of the three "nicer" hotels in BGKY, but it is the oldest of the three. Rooms were a good size, but a bit out dated. TV was an old tube TV and even in SD the picture was poorer than normal. Bathrooms were older as well. Shower curtain wouldn't stay put, so was pretty useless and floor was a pond afterwards. Workout equipment was better than average, but sprinkler was leaking (which hotel staff did respond to once notified). Overall, it was okay, but I think we'll be staying at Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn for future visits.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear tlt8,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to always provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at a good value and we work our hardest to ensure our facilities are well maintained. I am truly sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received.

We are currently planning to begin a large scale renovation that will take effect in the next few months and I hope you will stay with us again for you to enjoy the exciting improvements that will be made.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have stayed here twice. The lobby is beautiful. Check in is always a breeze. The rooms are a little outdate but everything is very clean. Staff are kind and helpful. Location is convenient. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Andover, Kansas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel probably was a very nice hotel about 15-20 years ago. However, it needs serious updating and housekeeping. The food was also a great disappointment. We had room service for dinner and breakfast in what once was a restaurant. All the food we tasted was blan and of poor quality. It used to be Holiday Inn was a dependable choice wherever you travelled, to bad that is no longer true.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BOWLGHIGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback from our guests and rest assured that we will use your comments to improve our facility and our services. I apologize that you didn't have a great experience. We work everyday to create a great hotel that guests love.
We are planning to begin a large scale renovation in the next few months and the end result is going to be fantastic. We will be renovating the lobby, atrium, restaurant, lounge, and guest rooms. Holiday Inn is a great brand and many travelers enjoy their experience. We hope you will visit us again and allow us the honor to host you during your travels.

If I can be of any service, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards ~ Brian, GM