“Excellent Stay & Dynamite Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Candlewood Suites Bowling Green
Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chattanooga
“Excellent Stay & Dynamite Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Candlewood Suites. We got in late Friday evening, and the lady who checked checked us in was great! She was polite, accommodating, helped us purchase our items from the convenience store, and really helped us get settled in even though it was late. The next evening, she suggested a great local pizza place to check out. I believe that her name was Erin. She worked evenings at the front desk both nights of our stay.

This is the first time that I have stayed at a Candlewood Suites and our suite featured a full size refrigerator, a stove top for preparing meals, a microwave and dishwasher, utensils, and a ton of other really nice amenities. The room was spacious and clean, the hotel had an indoor pool and hot tub which was great, as well as a fitness center. The wi-fi worked great and this hotel is an EXCELLENT value for the staff, amenities, and accommodations that you receive.

I really enjoyed my vacation and I wish I could bring this hotel and staff with me everywhere that I travel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CandlewoodBG, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
We are glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us! Come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Whitesburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here on Aug. 31. The price was a great value. The 1 bedroom suite was wonderful. It was attractive, clean and comfortable. Especially liked the "little store" that was open 24 hours a day with snacks and necessities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

As I mentioned in other reviews, I am an IHG rewards member and thus I chose to stay with this hotel when I wanted to explore Mammoth Caves (there is no other IHG hotels in both Cave and Park cities).

Location: Great location. Kroger is across the road for those who want to cook and those who don't? There are many eating places along the road, ranging from fast-food like Mac and Arby to family restaurants like iHop and Olive Garden. It is also less than an hour drive to Mammoth Caves, which is a bit long for some but I love sitting in the car and my partner enjoy the drive. Hence for us, it is a good situation. Another plus point is that it is also an hour from Nashville (according to goggle maps) so for those who wants to enjoy both nature and city, this is a good mid point base.

Hotel in general: Like the other Candlewood Suites that I have stayed with, the hotel is clean and pretty well maintained. There is an indoor swimming pool that looks pretty good but we did not make use of it. There is also free laundry and gym, which we did use. The free laundry is always helpful on a road trip as it save on packing too many clothes. The gym is also good but some of the machines are not functioning and some weights are also missing. This is an area which the hotel can looks into to improve on their guests' experience.

Room: As a platinum member, I was upgraded to a nice one bedroom suite (a nice surprise) which was great! The room is clean and the nice big office table doubled up as a nice dinner table for us. The bathroom is clean with a nice tub for those who like a bath and a shower head with adjustable modes for those who like a shower. An area which the hotel staff can look into is providing addition supplies such as boxes of tissues and a spare roll of kitchen towel in the room. We had to request for them at the front desk and was promptly provided with them. However, it would be nice to have such little thoughtfulness in the room to begin with,

General: I enjoyed my stay at the hotel very much and the staff do try to make things comfortable for us by attending to our needs promptly. If I am travelling the same way down South next time, I will definitely stay with them again,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The location was perfect. There was plentry of parking. My wife and kid were happy that we could get groceries and cook if we wanted to and I was happy that there was a spirit shop near by. The room was clean, the pool was inviting and they even had a selection of movies for those that just want to kick back and relax. It was like being at home. The staff was way friendly and you could tell they loved their job unlike some hotels where the front desk staff has a bad attitude. In fact the front desk guy was so cool that I decided to stay another night. Brad Collins is ontop of it. His recommendations for food were perfect. In the morning Stephanie Garrett made sure we had plenty to do and gave us directions to where we needed to go and if that weren't enough, she offered disount tickets for the water park AND free tickets to a ball game. If you're looking for a place that's laid back and cozy and safe, this is it. I travel a lot for business and this hotel is up there with some of the best ones I've stayed in. The reviews don't lie. Next time I need to be in BG, KY I know where I'm staying.

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk what you need, They will take care of you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect, but our room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Myself, my wife and our 2 kids stayed for about a week with no issues. The kitchen was great with a full size refrigerator etc. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My daughter and I drove in from Chicago to Bowling Green, KY for 2 nights for family business; my sister booked the room for us last minute so I wasn't sure what to expect; hotel is perhaps 1/2 mile or less off I-65, exit 22, ample free parking; our visit was quick and we were in and out a lot, but I noticed in passing how welcoming and comfortable the lounge area looked: big thick furniture, modern country design/décor; our double queen room on the first floor was very spacious, with brightly colored bedding; towels were immaculate, as was the bathroom; room had a full kitchen that one might find in a condo or apartment: full-sized black fridge, dishwasher, a microwave bigger than mine at home, toaster, glass cooktop, oak cabinetry with dinnerware, eating utensils and cookware; the kitchen area had oak (I think) flooring; new flat-screen TV and DVD player; finally there was an ergonomically designed workstation that accommodated both my and my daughters laptops; of course, a hotel like this provides data and MP3 ports and free Wi-Fi, which was a tad tricky to access with passwords and codes, but we figured it out; I suppose that's for security, and we experienced no problem with it. There is no breakfast buffet (at least what I saw), but there is a room size grocery store across from front desk where, whenever you want, you can purchase items to prepare full meals and snacks in your room such as pasta, chicken, various cereals, yogurt, milk, ice cream, popcorn, etc.; the store was also stocked with toiletries and personal items; there are three good things about this store: first, it's available to guests 24/7, locked after hours, but can be accessed with room key; second, it's run on the honor system - just read the item's price on the shelf and drop your money in the payment slot and go; third, the prices are really, really nominal - most expensive thing I noticed was a sub sandwich for $3-4; however, if preparing meals is not your preference, this hotel sits 1-2 blocks back off Scottsville Road, which, from end to end has plenty of restaurants, shopping (huge mall less than a mile away), gas, tire, auto services, but hotel area is very quiet. We only interacted with the staff once to request more towels at midnight which they were so nice in providing for us - we just had to use the laundry basket provided in the room, to take our used towels to front desk to exchange for clean; the pool and workout areas were very clean, updated, although we didn't have time to use them; I would without any doubt stay here again and I'd stay longer to get to take full advantage of all the wonderful amenities of this friendly, home away from home!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, front side of the hotel Room 119 - and it was very quiet inside the bui...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wonderful one night stay, very impressed with cleanliness, amenities, and location. They were nice enough to see I got in a room before 3 pm since I had become ill a couple of days before. Again, this was one of the best places in a US hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I stayed in a studio suite very quiet