My daughter and I drove in from Chicago to Bowling Green, KY for 2 nights for family business; my sister booked the room for us last minute so I wasn't sure what to expect; hotel is perhaps 1/2 mile or less off I-65, exit 22, ample free parking; our visit was quick and we were in and out a lot, but I noticed in passing how welcoming and comfortable the lounge area looked: big thick furniture, modern country design/décor; our double queen room on the first floor was very spacious, with brightly colored bedding; towels were immaculate, as was the bathroom; room had a full kitchen that one might find in a condo or apartment: full-sized black fridge, dishwasher, a microwave bigger than mine at home, toaster, glass cooktop, oak cabinetry with dinnerware, eating utensils and cookware; the kitchen area had oak (I think) flooring; new flat-screen TV and DVD player; finally there was an ergonomically designed workstation that accommodated both my and my daughters laptops; of course, a hotel like this provides data and MP3 ports and free Wi-Fi, which was a tad tricky to access with passwords and codes, but we figured it out; I suppose that's for security, and we experienced no problem with it. There is no breakfast buffet (at least what I saw), but there is a room size grocery store across from front desk where, whenever you want, you can purchase items to prepare full meals and snacks in your room such as pasta, chicken, various cereals, yogurt, milk, ice cream, popcorn, etc.; the store was also stocked with toiletries and personal items; there are three good things about this store: first, it's available to guests 24/7, locked after hours, but can be accessed with room key; second, it's run on the honor system - just read the item's price on the shelf and drop your money in the payment slot and go; third, the prices are really, really nominal - most expensive thing I noticed was a sub sandwich for $3-4; however, if preparing meals is not your preference, this hotel sits 1-2 blocks back off Scottsville Road, which, from end to end has plenty of restaurants, shopping (huge mall less than a mile away), gas, tire, auto services, but hotel area is very quiet. We only interacted with the staff once to request more towels at midnight which they were so nice in providing for us - we just had to use the laundry basket provided in the room, to take our used towels to front desk to exchange for clean; the pool and workout areas were very clean, updated, although we didn't have time to use them; I would without any doubt stay here again and I'd stay longer to get to take full advantage of all the wonderful amenities of this friendly, home away from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Premium Amenities at Our Bowling Green Hotel! Located in Kentucky's fourth largest city, Candlewood Suites of Bowling Green, KY is surrounded by exciting attractions & major businesses. While lodging in Bowling Green, you can explore the Lost River Cave and Mammoth Cave National Park or tour the prized Corvette Museum. Enjoy a day of shopping at Greenwood Mall, less than a mile from our Bowling Green suites. And don't forget to pack your swimsuit so you can visit the Splash Lagoon Waterpark inside the Beech Bend Raceway Park, just 10 miles from our charming extended stay hotel. As a center for business in central Kentucky, Bowling Green is home to major companies like the General Motors Corvette Assembly Plant, Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Fruit of the Loom, Weyerhaeuser, Camping World, Bando USA and Kobe Aluminum. Our Bowling Green extended stay hotel is just three miles from the Caroll Knicely Conference Center and offers complimentary amenities such as high speed Internet access, local and long distance calls, wireless printing and a 24-hour business center. Are you looking for pet friendly hotels in Bowling Green? Our hotel welcomes both you and your pet to enjoy our choice amenities. With the Candlewood Cupboard convenience store, free guest laundry facilities, a 24-hour fitness center and an indoor pool and whirlpool, our Bowling Green extended stay hotel brings convenience & comfort to you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Candlewood Suites Bowling Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Candlewood Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Candlewood Suites