“Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!”

Candlewood Suites Bowling Green
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My daughter and I drove in from Chicago to Bowling Green, KY for 2 nights for family business; my sister booked the room for us last minute so I wasn't sure what to expect; hotel is perhaps 1/2 mile or less off I-65, exit 22, ample free parking; our visit was quick and we were in and out a lot, but I noticed in passing how welcoming and comfortable the lounge area looked: big thick furniture, modern country design/décor; our double queen room on the first floor was very spacious, with brightly colored bedding; towels were immaculate, as was the bathroom; room had a full kitchen that one might find in a condo or apartment: full-sized black fridge, dishwasher, a microwave bigger than mine at home, toaster, glass cooktop, oak cabinetry with dinnerware, eating utensils and cookware; the kitchen area had oak (I think) flooring; new flat-screen TV and DVD player; finally there was an ergonomically designed workstation that accommodated both my and my daughters laptops; of course, a hotel like this provides data and MP3 ports and free Wi-Fi, which was a tad tricky to access with passwords and codes, but we figured it out; I suppose that's for security, and we experienced no problem with it. There is no breakfast buffet (at least what I saw), but there is a room size grocery store across from front desk where, whenever you want, you can purchase items to prepare full meals and snacks in your room such as pasta, chicken, various cereals, yogurt, milk, ice cream, popcorn, etc.; the store was also stocked with toiletries and personal items; there are three good things about this store: first, it's available to guests 24/7, locked after hours, but can be accessed with room key; second, it's run on the honor system - just read the item's price on the shelf and drop your money in the payment slot and go; third, the prices are really, really nominal - most expensive thing I noticed was a sub sandwich for $3-4; however, if preparing meals is not your preference, this hotel sits 1-2 blocks back off Scottsville Road, which, from end to end has plenty of restaurants, shopping (huge mall less than a mile away), gas, tire, auto services, but hotel area is very quiet. We only interacted with the staff once to request more towels at midnight which they were so nice in providing for us - we just had to use the laundry basket provided in the room, to take our used towels to front desk to exchange for clean; the pool and workout areas were very clean, updated, although we didn't have time to use them; I would without any doubt stay here again and I'd stay longer to get to take full advantage of all the wonderful amenities of this friendly, home away from home!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, front side of the hotel Room 119 - and it was very quiet inside the bui...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wonderful one night stay, very impressed with cleanliness, amenities, and location. They were nice enough to see I got in a room before 3 pm since I had become ill a couple of days before. Again, this was one of the best places in a US hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I stayed in a studio suite very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Candlewood Suites is a modest priced suite hotel not big on design but emphasizes convenience. The Bowling Green Kentucky location sits right off the I-65 and near everything. But the best part about staying there was the evening desk clerk named Mez. She was friendly, helpful and good with guests. She has a smile that will melt your heart and personality to match. This is a good mid price hotel that even has free washer and dryer use. Bowling Green, Ky is great little town and a midway point for us during a 10 hour driving trip. And did I mention, Mez?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

From start to finish, our stay at the Candlewood Suites in Bowling Green, Kentucky was a wonderful experience. We were very impressed with the staff, the cleanliness, the ammenities, and location. This was our first time to stay at a Candlewood Suites but you can bet it won't be our last! Thumbs up Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, KY!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CandlewoodBG, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for the kind words Donnita! We strive to maintain our hotel to the highest of standards. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay. We can't wait to have you stay with us again! I noticed that you gave us a 4 out of 5 on the quality of sleep. Is there something that we could do to improve that to a 5?? We are here to help and once again, thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed with family,mid week. Price was in line with all other hotels. We stayed here because it had an indoor pool. Kids enjoyed it hit tub could have been a little cleaner. Main pool was clean. Staff helpful lots of resturants around close to highway. All around good.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul G

Hi Paul! Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are happy that you and your family had a good time while at our hotel. I do apologize that the hot tub didn't seem as clean as it should have been. We do strive to keep our pool facility maintained to the highest of standards, but during times of high traffic like spring break, we have found that it is a little harder to keep the hot tub as clean as we would like. We will continue to work on solutions to keep the cleanliness of our pool and hot tub area to the highest level possible. We hope that we will see you again soon and if you have any suggestions or recommendations for us, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel. Thanks and have a great day Paul!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, Ky with two family members. Room was spotless and very comfortable. A well stocked Shop provided every item imaginable from sandwiches, breakfast items, drinks to "drug store" type necessities....open 24 hrs. with a "honor system" money box..... to shop & pay. A lovely well-maintained pool, hot tub and exercise room also available for guests.. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Just a word about the bed pillows.....we found them so comfortable that we checked the label to perhaps purchase them on line. Overall, a lovely staff & a very nice experience.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor room because it was close to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mickey H

Thanks for all the kind words Mickey! We really appreciate it when guests love our hotel and all the amenities that we offer. The pillows are very comfortable! We get complimented on them and the Candlewood Cupboard (Shop) all the time. We feel like all of our guests should feel like they are at home, so it is great that you took advantage of all the extras we offer our guests. We can't wait to see you the next time you are in town, we hope it's soon! Have a great day Mickey!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at this location for 7 weeks over Aug and Sept. Everything was perfect for me. Ultra friendly, extra clean and very quiet. All amenities were up to par. Except I never got coffee or paper towels after the first week. Tipped the housekeeper $20 every cleaning day but I never got a thank you which led me to believe she wasn't getting the money personally. So I started leaving her tip at the front desk in an envelope with her name on it. stay at Candelwood whenever you get the chance. You won't be disappointed. 5 stars for candlewood.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
CandlewoodBG, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so much for such a nice review! We loved having you here and it was very gracious of you to be so generous to our Suite Attendant. She did receive your tip, I remember you bringing it to the front desk for her. I apologize it was not recognized while you were here, but it did bring to my attention that a change in procedure should be made to ensure our guests know how much we appreciate their generosity. Also, your coffee and paper towels should have been replenished upon your cleaning day each week and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention as well! We look forward to seeing you if your business brings you back to Bowling Green in the future. Thank you again!