“Exceeded expectations”

Candlewood Suites Bowling Green
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites. They have made a believer of me. Easy reservation online, easy checkin upon arrival, pleasant lobby and hallways, scrupuously clean room. The room was pleasant, well-maintained, spacious, and well-equiped. The bathroom was large and clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
CandlewoodBG, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

First, I want to apologize for my delay in responding to your outstanding review of our great property! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here. We take great pride in ensuring every guest has a memorable experience staying with us! Candlewood is a special brand and I am so happy you are a believer! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Nice, calm, clean hotel. No directional signs off the highway: head west off the exit, turn on the service street then to the right on Wall Street. Hotel is in great shape, must not be very old. Lovely pool and spa area, though it echos awfully when loud children are present. Overall, a solid choice, close to lots of good food choices.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alykaye
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here for a recent car event we go to annually. The hotel was very nice. It has been a long time since staying at a Candlewood and I forgot how they run. For the money, it is a nice value, but not having room cleanup daily can get old. They clean on a weekly basis and it must be scheduled from your check in. So, after 4 days, I was ready to leave my mess. I was also not pleased when asking about towels for the pool. I was advised that the week prior, they had been stolen from guests and we had to bring towels from our room. This would have been nice to know prior to visiting the pool area from the 3rd floor. I do not fault the merchant for allowing towels to be stolen, but an untimely replacement and lack of notification of this inconvienance without our own inquiry.

I do not know if I would stay there again. Mainly because of the nature of the chain for how their housekeeping runs. Nothing directly against this particular site.

However, the location of this site is very nice. There is just about any type of dining that you may want close by and many attractions close as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2011

second time to stay at a Candlewood. Always a great stay. Will probably never stay any where else. (Smiles)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
CandlewoodBG, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a very pleasant stay while at our hotel. It makes us feel very good to know that you will stay with us when you return to Bowling Green. I noticed that your quality of sleep wasn't the best it could have been. Is there anything that we could have done to make it better while you were here? Please let us know so that we may work on this before your next visit. Thank you very much and have a great day!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Came into town to visit our daughter and husband for the night. Check in was quick and our room was ready and the air turned on, which was important, as it was the hottest day of the year. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Clean and spacious room. We will be staying here in the future to visit our daughter.

Room Tip: Become a Priority Club member
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vrasor
CandlewoodBG, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

We are very pleased here at the Candlewood Suites that we could accommodate you to our fullest potential and that your stay was comfortable just like you would have it at your home. We strive to make our guests feel at home regardless of their length of stay. We are extremely happy to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again in the near future. We hope that everytime you are in town to spend time with your family, we can make your experience here a delightful one as you consider us your home away from home!

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My mom, my son and I stayed here for a couple of nights. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was extremely clean. Bathroom was stocked with extra toiletries so that we didn't have to ask for more since we opted to not have our room serviced until we left. Free internet. Cable on both the living area tv and bedroom tv. Kitchen area was nice. Dishes were clean. All items in the room were in good working order. Bed in bedroom extra nice - very comfortable. Nicely stocked self serve snack area. Convertible couch bed was not comfortable at all. Indoor pool very small. All in all a nice place. Just little disappointed with sleeping conditions and pool for $ paid.

Room Tip: Nice, Feels like home
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jdoggett
CandlewoodBG, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

I would personally like to thank you for staying with us at the Candlewood Suites. We are very happy to know that you had a good time during your stay! I understand your concerns about the fold out couch, as I and just about every other person I know are not fans of sleeping on a pull out sofa sleeper. We have found that not many of our guests actually sleep on them since we are an extended stay suites with a large business oriented following. We are very much open to any ideas that anyone may have as to how to improve the quality of sleep on a pull out sofa sleeper. Although our pool may be slightly smaller than other suite property pools, we hope that the ambiance and comfort of the pool area was satisfactory and not too crowded for you and your family. We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I spend 100+ nights a year in hotels and just happened to try this Candlewood Suites. I had one of the most comfortable stays I have had in a long, long time. From check-in to check-out, it could not have been better. Staff and room were both excellent. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

It feels good to know that we can give a seasoned veteran of the road their most comfortable stay in a really long time. Just another testament to how we make your stay at the Candlewood Suites feel like home. Can't wait to have you back at the hotel once again. You are one real cool cat!!!