“Not up to par with other Sleep Inns...”

Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was disappointed with several parts of my stay when compared with other Sleep Inn locations. I have stayed at several Sleep Inn locations with business travel, and this one seemed below the norm. The temperature controls lacked labeling, and this led to having a much too warm room in the middle of the night, disrupting my sleep. The desk staff did indicate that more labels were coming, so this issue will likely be resolved soon. The lighting in the room seemed dim for reading, and the pillows on the king size bed were small pillows (more like throw pillows) rather than regular size pillows. Breakfast also offered fewer options than I'd had at other Sleep Inn locations. The room itself was clean, and there were plenty of linens in the bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nashgirl1997

Reviewed January 23, 2014

second time for us at this hotel,stayed here last year and we were given a room that was not properly made up,they moved us straight away to another room.
this time everything was great except the bathtub plug wasn't working which meant I couldn't have a bath,but no biggie.
nice clean and warm pool and hot tub.room was spacious and clean,easy highway access,breakfast was typical for the chain.lots of eateries on the west side of the highway....I recommend o'charlies,and the national corvette museum is only a few miles away

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank craig r
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We looked for a decent place with truck parking from Bowling Green to south of Nashville. We were about to give up when we found this one. Called to see about the parking and were told they had a special going on for $55. We were given a great room with a king size bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee, etc. The room was clean, comfortable, with a huge flat-screen tv. Felt almost like we were at home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 906christie
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here on a trip to Texas. It was good for the most part. Clean, nice pool, good fitness facility, comfy beds. The only thing was the continental breakfast wasn't that great but oh well. For $59, you can't go wrong.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Well I have been here for 2 hours. The hotel seems very nice. The rooms are clean the pool is very very warm. The hotel has a nice smell to it. The owners take very good care of everything.
HOWEVER!!!!! They lack technology. I was finally able to get online using my laptop. Thank goodness I had it with me. I had an iPad and iTouch and could not get online. I guess only one person at a time can go online. The guy at the front desk said that the hotel had open wifi, and up to AP7 lines. I only saw 4 at the most. I saw the BGMU, BGFire, BGCity-Staff, BGPolice, BGIT, OmniMeats and Ramda Inn. When you finally login, expect only 2 bars if your lucky.
You can be in a 5Star hotel but if the technology is terrible, then I wouldn't stay here again!

Room Tip: The WiFi is disappointing. Bring your own if you can. The rest of the hotel is perfect
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed the night during a trip to Alabama. We stayed in a king bed with a jacuzzi tub. The tub was VERY roomy. The room was clean and the place was quiet. It met, if not exceeded, my expectations. ;)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

With several hotels less than a mile away I would think they would step it up a bit. My biggest problem was with the male front desk clerk. He was very arrogant, argumentative, and rude. He didn't offer any info about the pool, breakfast hours, etc. Fortunately I am experienced with hotels so found this out quickly. There was absolutely no reason for him to be so rude. The elevator is extremely slow and every floor reeks of smoke. 2 out of the 3 of us are smokers and could barely deal with the odor. I saw several non smoking rooms near mine and I wouldn't blame those people for complaining. The only pillows available were about half the size of a normal pillow. The pool was decent along with the hot tub but we noticed there were never any pool towels around. One good note was the housekeeping lady was very friendly to us in the hallway as we were leaving. Other than that it was a rip off.

• Stayed: September 2013