“Family Time”

Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I decided to spend a few days in Bowling Green as a family due to the busy summer we had up to this point. The hotel was easy to spot from the interstate. The check in process went smooth as silk. I was greeted as an Elite member due to my status with Choice Hotels. Our room was okay nothing really to brag about. The décor was a little out dated and the walls needed painting. The indoor pool and breakfast were okay. However, with the good deal that we received, we decided to stay. We left early one day and housekeeping forgot to clean our room. We were ferrous so my wife had a talk with management and straighten out everything. Due to my status and my wife chat with management we received two free nights. All in all this was a good family vacation. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Green

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were just spending 1 night as we stopped to visit some family. Our room was nice & a beautiful bathroom. We never visited pool area so can't say how it was. Had breakfast in the morning before we checked out & it was really good. Had good selection of hot foods (biscuits, gravy, sausage, etc.). There were pastries, drinks, etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The bathroom had dog poop in the floor an the room smelled like urine.I asked for a full refund and they charged my credit card any way.I called an talked to the manager an just got the run around from him.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Goodtimedud
Reviewed June 9, 2013

There on a bus tour on the 400 mile yard sale.Two buses and most left to go to another motel.I turn the covers down to discover someone had slept in my bed ,the sheets were wrinkled on one side only.I pull the pillow cases off to get clean sheets and cases and am going to change it myself the pillows looked like someone had peed on them with stains ALL 8 of them !!!! I go to get more and they say they do not have any more pillows,I take lots of sheets and cases to make me a pillow and clean sheets.The floor was filthy with dog dodo and pee stain,water behind the comode,some people on the buses had filthy shower curtains one turned his bedspread down and the covers were half way down in the bed where they didn't even bother pull them up.Another one had bugs in the bed,another one found dog dodo in the bathroom.I could go on but you get the message.Manager came in next day and did not ask tour guide how things went.Guess he was afraid to.

Room Tip: Don't Do It !
Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2013

this hotel was great , nice, clean, everything worked, pool and hot tub were very nice too. my biggest issue would be that my bed pillows on a king size bed wear the size of a regular square throw pillow i mean really who sleeps on a throw pillow in bed :/ other then that our stay was great

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Second time staying at this hotel. Very reasonable on price, it was quiet, clean, comfortable beds, warm pool and had friendly service- everything you would want in a hotel.

If I could suggest one thing for the hotel staff- it would be to have the underwater lights on in the pool once it starts getting dark. It is hard to see.

Thanks for the great stay! I travel Michigan to Florida often and will for sure make this hotel my half-way stop!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wireless internet was unexceptionably slow or didn't connect at all! This was something I was really needing & thought I was paying for while staying here. Some of the shows on TV would break up so bad, you couldn't even understand what the people were saying! We had a king size bed with 4 pillows that were about the size of a 1/2 pillow with a standard pillow case tucked inside so it wouldn't just hang out. I have Never seen anything cheap like that done. I mean, do at least standard size pillows really cost that much???
Now the good, pool & hot tub was Great. Hotel & rooms were nice & clean. I like that this hotel is pet friendly even though we did not bring our dog this trip.
Appears to be a lot of things to do in the area, a lot of restaurant, Air & heat worked good & bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple