“Great Ice Cream!”

Chaney's Dairy Barn
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Bowling Green
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Chaney's serves a fare of sandwiches and fries and has homemade ice creams and desserts. I had a grilled ham and cheese and it was tasty but a little dried out and hard. My husband and mother both had a real meat burger and fries and both really enjoyed it. After dinner, we each had a different homemade ice cream that was very tasty. I will keep this location in mind for more of a dessert/treat stop than a meal.

There's a small gift shop inside the building as well as a couple activities outside (jumping pillow, etc) for the kids. They have a fairly decent sized seating area inside to enjoy your food.

My only complaint is that it's a little more pricey than what I think it should be. It cost us over $40 for 3 adults and 1 child to eat a sandwich and drink.

1  Thank slpaddy

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We really liked the ice cream and outside there was an awesome play area for the kids to burn off some energy. The lunch was fresh and reasonably priced. Picturesque location too!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Located south of Bowling Green & north of Franklin, KY, It's worth getting off of I-65 for a few miles. It's on "Ye OLE DIXIE HIGHWAY," and has grown to be a great local & tourist stop. The CHANEY'S make their own dairy products, and other foods, & I've never had anything but EXCELLENT food & service. I will testify that their ice cream is the best ever !! Going up or down I-65, travel a few miles over to U.S. 31-W, drive by CHANEY'S, "sit a spell, eat their fixins, & finish with their homemade IVE CREAM." When finished, you'll meander on up, or down, the historic "DH" to historic BG or Franklin, and get back easily to the "Rat Race" I-65, "if'n ya ain't got time, this trip, to visit Southern KY longer. Lots of "Kentucky Proud" items for sale, in their great gift shop. It's "down on the Chaney's Farm."

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Although we went after it was dark, the kids still played on a great playground that has a lot of the dairy farm resources worked into it. Included huge tubes you can slide down and a tube you can will down in on the hills. The ice cream and gift shop were great too

Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you really LOVE ice cream this is your place. Homemade, lots of flavors...I love the Butter Pecan!! Downside: the scoops are too big....I got two and there was no way!