“Un-edible take out lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Montana Grille

Montana Grille
Ranked #2 of 286 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
plant city
“Un-edible take out lunch”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the open face prime rib sandwich which is $17.00 My side item was a baked potato. I'll start with the sandwich, to my surprise it was just a 1/2 slice of very poor quality prime rib that did NOT have the fat trimmed off and was riddled with gristle making it impossible to eat on the sandwich let alone without a stake knife. As for the baked potato, it was obvious this was cooked the night before or even days before as it was like rubber. Well that's pretty much all I can say because there was nothing else to this horrible expensive meal! Had we dined in I would have sent both plates back!
Why can't we leave negative stars?

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Kentucky Bourbon Fillet -- awesome”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is probably the most unique restaurant in Bowling Green, not at all like the typical national chains. It resembles the Old Faithful Lodge with exposed rustic beams. Every meal that I have eaten there is excellent but the Kentucky Bourbon Fillet is awesome. I don't drink bourbon, but the flavor left on the steak when the bourbon cooks off is delicious and the steak is very tender. Order the garlic mashed potatoes and firebread to go with it.

Granger, Indiana
“Loud and just average food”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were looking for a steak place in the area to spend our anniversary dinner at. We walked into what seemed like a ski lodge that was very loud. My soup was the best part of the meal, it was a potato soup. Husband had prime rib that was more fat than meat. And my ribeye was not very flavorful. It was not very good quality meat, you can tell they buy it in mass quantities and are not very concerned with quality. Our server was decent, but we didn't see him much as there was runners that would bring or food instead of him. It was over priced for the quality of food.

“Great all around meal”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The mash potatoes are wonderful, steak comes out well made. Service is a little slow, but they stay pretty busy. They just don't have that "Signature" thing that makes them a 5 rating. All the food they have I can get anywhere else, they make it really good, but I need something that only they bring to the table to justify a 5 pt rating.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jon W
“My Restaurant”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

When asked where to eat; this is my immediate first choice in Bowling Green. I take clients, friends, family here first. Food, Service, Atmosphere are all where the best of the South meets the best of the West.