“Western Style Restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 302 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very good food, fast service, staff friendly. Both dinners were good, chicken with shrimp, ribs with beans, came hot and plentiful. Staff always around, a little bit annoying don't need someone asking if everything is ok every 5 minutes! All in all a good restaurant to relax.

There are newer reviews for Montana Grille

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great cuts of meat! We love their steaks. The atomsphere is wonderful and the staff work hard to take care of you. The downfall would be no french fries if you have young ones...

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Pros
- fast service
- Jessica, our server, was extremely nice and helpful. I really liked her attitude.

Cons
- i don't appreciate chains, i prefer local and sustainable food (but it was hard to find alternatives)
- too much butter everywhere

We had burgers: buffalo and tillamook. They were just ok.
The mashed potato was tasty (I disliked the butter on top).
The corn bread that came to the table was good. It's a little spicy but tasty.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We went here when we were looking for something close to the hotel we were staying at. Its a nice looking place. Everyone was very friendly. The fire bread (corn bread with jalapeno in it) was so d-lish!!. I had the french dip and it was amazing! The kids meal pasta with a cream sauce is just boxed Kraft Mac & Cheese. If I would of known that I wouldn't of paid $5 for it!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stumbled upon this after trying to find our way around downtown BG, (hopeless) and were just looking for some place to eat other than the typical chain places. This place is big, built in a fashion aimed to remind you of being in a lodge in the rockies. The first night I had the ribs, my wife a burger. Both were delicious. The Malbec wines by the glass were very good as well. The surprise was the mashed sweet potatoes - include cinnamon and brown sugar - great!
It was so good we came back the next night - for prime rib. Very tasty and tender but continued what may be a mid-south style of leaning to the rare side of cooking red meats. Medium rare far closer to rare, but that is personal opinion. The third night we were in the area we were tired, it was peak dinner hour so we took the easy way out and went back there again. I had a chicken dish (forgettable - two small breasts swimming in a sweet sauce) and my wife had the salmon - delicious. Service all 3 nights was very good - but when you send someone to take drink orders make sure they know Dewars and water is not a brand of beer they don't carry. Food presentation was diner style - a plate with your meat and a dish with the potatoes or vegetable. Weak at best. However There was a REAL DOWNSIDE TO THIS VISIT. There are three booths located next to (left of) the visible kitchen/pick up area. On our second visit they tried to seat us there and I had them move us elsewhere. The third night it was busy, we had a short wait, and being tired, when they seated us there I didn't protest. Big mistake. There is constant waitstaff traffic by your table, shouting back and forth from the kitchen and service people (including not so appropriate language) arguing among both groups and finally a dropped tray of drinks that sent glass flying in every direction, including ours while we were eating. No concern shown as to whether it landed on us or in our meals. Does this place have any managerial staff??? ADVICE - if shown to one of these booths request different seating and if not given that - leave! We would go back there but someone needs to tighten up this ship.

2  Thank cccruisemaster