“Close to all we wanted”

Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Cleveland, Ohio
“Close to all we wanted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Walking into a hotel, I’m always put in a good mood if there’s a pot of coffee awaiting me in the lobby. Such was the case at Towneplace Suites in Bowling Green. Hot coffee for me and hot water for my wife’s tea. Off to a good start.
This location is conveniently located to all the things we came to see in Bowling Green – minutes from Western Kentucky University and the airport. A good-sized mall and some great restaurants are just minutes away. As close as they are, it’s a nice quiet location.
The room was very nice sized with a comfy king-sized bed covered in a sparkling white duvet and pillows. A night table with three drawers was located on each side of the bed.
The flat screen TV was good sized and the desk featured a pull out worktable for extra room if needed. A wall organizer and open shelving above the desk made it easy to get work done as soon as I arrived.
The kitchen was the big surprise with granite top, sink, cooktop, coffee pot, microwave, dishwasher and full-sized stainless steel refrigerator. We really could have lived here for weeks.
Great staff and service made it a place we’ll return to next time we are in Bowling Green.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Towneplace property and it won't be my last. I stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties when traveling for work or pleasure, but had not stayed at one of these. I expected a very basic room, about one step up from a Fairfield Inn. It was much more than that. The hotel,was modern and had a very fresh, new feel to it. Decor was outstanding. Room was nice, bed was very comfortable. Had a small kitchen area and a couch where I could sit and read. Excellent bathroom and shower. HVAC was extremely quiet, so much so I didn't even know when it was on. The breakfast was good, although no eggs or meat, but the waffle made up for that. The crowning achievement, and what earns my highest praise, was the outstanding staff. From the minute I walked in until the minute I left, they were friendly, polite and anxious to make sure I had a good stay without being unctiously phony or obtrusive. Thank you for that and I will be recommending this hotel to others.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HJK13
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Pat, at the front desk was wonderful. Lovely greeting and helpful :) Thank you for a great start. Rooms were clean, great decor, functional and compact. Pool was small but warm and clean area. Common areas with modern decor and nicely stocked snack section. This was a winner.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Trickett F
Indy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

The TownPlace Suites in Bowling Green still feels very new. The decor has a very modern feel about it. Rooms are equipped for those on extended stay with kitchenettes and work areas, but the rooms also work nicely for leisure and family travelers. Breakfast is fairly straightforward continental choices with a waffle maker and hot toast/muffins also available.

We primarily stopped for a one-night respite on a longer car trip as well as to let my 4-year-old have one more night of swimming. The pool was large for an indoor offering. It was long enough to accommodate lap swimmers and the deck area was very clean and well-kept. We had the pool to ourselves on both visits.

Every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful and generally cheerful (which you don't always get in extended stay places). The hotel is a couple blocks off the main road leading to the interstate, but is close enough you can reach anything you want in a sort drive.

Overall I'd recommend the place if you're visiting Bowling Green or the cave areas nearby as well as a place to stop overnight on a longer trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jenna S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We certainly appreciate you staying with us and for taking the time out of your day to write a review. Come back and see us anytime!
Lexington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Staff friendly and helpful. The gal on desk even helped me with extra chairs for guests. Every request was filled. Only downside was someone thought it was cute to set off fire alarm. Not the hotels fault. We all made the best of it including my elderly mom. Thx for everything Towneplace!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review on us! I'm so sorry for the fire alarm being pulled--I believe that was a very poor attempt at an April Fool's joke! Come back and see us again anytime!
Bowling Green, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Very nice room and VERY comfortable bed! Slept very well at this hotel...room was large and had a full kitchen (large refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, microwave, etc.) Everything was perfect until morning...after my peaceful, comfortable sleep, I wanted to enjoy a nice hot shower in the huge, glass shower like my husband had done the night before. NO HOT WATER when I got in the shower that morning!!! I turned it off, got dressed, and went downstairs to the lobby to get breakfast (thought I would inform the front desk of my problem.) I told the lady at the front desk that we had no hot water in our room. The only response I got was that "yeah, we get that all the time. It's cause we are sold out. The hot water will come back." NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! I ended up having to take a very COLD SHOWER (had no choice...had church and a business affair that day.) Breakfast was slim selection and hard to get to when others want breakfast too (it's kind of in a hallway)...not what you would expect from a hotel we paid almost $150/night for. Very disappointed with the treatment from staff both at check in and during my cold water ordeal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank estesla
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am so sorry you had a bad experience with us. We have had some issues with our hot water, and have been trouble-shooting trying to find the main source of the problem for a few weeks now. This past week we did finally determine that it was a gas pressure issue for the building--we weren't getting enough gas! We've since increased the pressure, and we have yet to have an issue. I know this doesn't change much, but I did want you to know we do care, and hate that you had that experience!
Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was a basic Suites hotel. Its relatively new and in good shape and comfortable.

The breakfast is a bit sparse with no meats or eggs and the eating/prep area is very small for the number of guests...One morning the wait was over 15 minutes for the waffle iron.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Dogs allowed.

Room Tip: Consider an upper floor away from the elevator