“Excellent Ribs and Service with a Smile”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #33 of 305 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Took my lovely wife to dinner to LongHorn for she was craving a steak and both of us were delighted with the way the evening turned out. We were seated quickly and our server quickly acknowledged that she knew that we were at one of her tables (the restaurant was packed and busy).

Items on the menu were explained and drinks orders taken quickly. Bread was hot out of the oven, salads were super fresh, and meals right on time. (I had ribs and they were tender and excellent). Overall the experience was an A+

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have eaten there several times, and will probably go again, but this experience left a lot to be desired. My wife and I had a really long day on the road; a lot of traffic and miles, and arriving in Bowling Green about 3:00 PM we decided to stop and eat at Longhorns for a peaceful lunch. After all, this time of day, they should be pretty slow, so it should be good service and pretty quiet so we could discuss a lot. Not so.

There were not very many people there, actually only one occupied table when we arrived. They were a family of about six including two small children. The hostess immediately took us to be seated, where-else, right next to them. We could have reached out and touched them. The place was empty!!!! I said I didn't want to share their meal and would like to sit somewhere else, so she moved us about six foot away. My mistake was, we should have left. I mean c'mon, there were only two occupied tables in the place at this time!! Children will be children, and these were really being children. Just as you would get your thoughts collected, one would scream out and there goes the train of thought!! Then another couple arrive and are seated right next to them. And finally another couple---same thing.

Our waitress was great and the food was good. But the dining experience stunk!!!! I asked to speak to the manager on the way out and had a discussion with him. He said they seated that way for efficiency. I told him it should be for the convenience of the customer, not them. He apologized and told me it was his fault and he was oh-so-sorry. I agree, it was his fault as he delegates policy, but it was the typical apology line. He never offered a gift certificate or any thing to help offset the miserable experience.

I have learned a great lesson, and I can pass this on to others---don't accept seating that will create a bad dining experience. It is your dollar and they can just walk a few steps further. I'll be on my game next time--I was tired.

3  Thank greendoor1000
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Wonderful steak with great flavor. Friendly staff. Didn't have to wait long to be seated. No room for desert.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wow! Great service!! Crystal was excellent !! Best Longhorn I have been in a long time!! Broad menu and reasonable prices!!

1  Thank Jimmy H
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Mrs. and I were traveling through Bowling Green Ky and decided to catch dinner at one of the area restaurants. We decided on LongHorn and we were delighted with our choice. As we entered the restaurant we were greeted by two delightful employees, ushered to our table and within a minute was greeted by our server. Meal options were explained, ordered were placed and we were served in a reasonable amount of time.

The meal was very good and piping hot. Would recommend for family, friends, business or by your self..