“Great "craft" pizza & beer”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #5 of 302 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

At times they have live music. They have a cool, funky decor & good food. I've eaten here several times, had sandwiches & pizza. It's rather expensive, but what you get is specialty pizza with high quality ingredients. They have a huge selection of craft beer to compliment it. It won't be your pick if you're a Donatos pepperoni. & Budweiser kind of diner. If your delight is fresh basil & fine cheeses with a micro brew stop here! (Same goes for Lost River Pizza.)

There are newer reviews for Mellow Mushroom

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Every year we go on a road trip to the South and we always hit at least one Mellow Mushroom. This one was... okay. The pizza was the same yummerific pizza I fell in love with 4 years ago but this location was smaller than all the others, the atmosphere, while good, was not as upbeat and energetic as the others I've been to. But, it was still good. Don't listen to the grumps giving it a bad score - just try it, you'll like it.

Stefan A, Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

We appreciate your feedback! If you're ever in the area again, do come back and visit us! We have exciting events and specials going on every week, like Team Trivia night and live jazz music. You can visit our Facebook page for more information. facebook.com/MellowMushroomBG.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This widely established restaurant OBVIOUSLY does something right. We had many tell us that they have the best PIZZA in town. (BG is known to have more restaurants, per capita, than anywhere else in American city, save San Francisco.) We've been met with long wait times, in the past, so tonight with a single digit temp, we got in. I believe they have other fine foods, but we hungered for a good pizza. It was as good as any other, but twice the price. $25 for a one person pizza speaks to the cost of the atmosphere. The decor is very nice. The service was OK, but what do you expect from a downtown college town eatery. As seniors, we felt a bit out of place. It was a good pizza, but no better than the newest Italian restaurant in town with 1/2 the price. I doubt we'll venture down here, unless friends insist. "Try it, you may like it."

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We've eaten at other locations, but this was our first meal at the Bowling Green, KY location. I had the "House Special" (I'm such a healthy eater) and my wife had the "Megga Veggie" (she IS the healthy eater). Both pizzas were cooked to perfection and I'm crazy about their crust. The server really knew his product line and was attentive but not smothering. We'll do this one again (even though they are a wee bit pricey......

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The ambience is great, fun, but the pizzas (I've been several times) look good but lack flavor. It's as if most of the restaurants in BGKY decided to go bland so as not to upset local palates. And, the pizzas are expensive to boot. Go only on nights when they have free live music or other entertainment.