“Simply Amazing”

GreenLeadersGold level
Frederick, Maryland
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at The Hotel SYNC for one night and it exceeded my expectations. I travel at least 60% of the time for work all across the world, and this is my favorite hotel so far. Super clean, amazing rooms, comfortable accommodations and the staff is second to none. Such a relaxing environment where the focus is definitely in the details. I know that the reasonable price is due to the fact that it is not a chain, but I really wish I could find more of these hotels globally. Two rooms, two televisions, balcony, full kitchen, amazing shower, laundry, classy lounge area, tea and coffee in the morning...what could be better?

Green Features: Amazing. They are doing all that they can to be truly green
1 Thank Jen E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed four days at the Sync and it was the best hotel my wife and I have stayed in. Lots of room, quiet, full kitchen (full stove, full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kitchen utensils, etc.) The polished cement floors beat musty, dusty, smelly carpets hands down. We have a lot of genealogy research to do in neighboring communities and plan more trips. We will stay at no other place but The Sync. Also it is only 20 miles to Mammouth National Park & Caves making it a good place to stay to visit the Park. No Pool. No on site restaurant, but we liked having our own kitchen.

Room Tip: All are good, only 12 suites and half are upstairs. No elevator so if you are disabled ask for grou...
1 Thank KingF364
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and I wish I could have stayed longer!!! Love that it is a green hotel!!! I stayed in a king suite, it felt like an apartment! So much room, extremely clean and quiet! It was very nice having a kitchen area to prepare food and that dishes, silverware, glasses, pots and pans were all there for your use. Everything in our room was comfortable, my only suggestion, since there is such a large entry area, would have been to have a small table to eat at instead of having to sit at the counter on barstools each time we ate. Do know that there is quiet time from 10pm-7am in case you are planning to travel with little ones. I have no complaints and would go back to Bowling Green just to stay at this hotel again!!!! While I didn't get to interact with Preetesh Patel my husband said that she was extremely friendly and helpful! Highly recommend, especially if you are going to be in town longer than a couple of nights!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with little ones you should try to get on the 1st floor if they like to be busy...
Green Features: I think more places should start these practices! So many hotel's are doing remodeling projects and think this would go a long way in helping the environment!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tabitha A
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We've been coming to Bowling Green for fourteen years and have stayed in many places. The Hotel SYNC is unquestionably our new favorite. We were expecting a nice hotel room but arrived to find a one-bedroom apartment. A somewhat odd location but extremely private and quieter than expected. The staff was super friendly and the fresh-brewed morning coffee was incredible. The bed was comfy, the shower was excellent and we truly enjoyed having a real kitchen. You can't get much at the hotel but you're only a few minutes from good food and anything else you need. Three minutes away from the National Corvette Museum (which is why we visit Bowling Green). Only twelve rooms so it never feels crowded, and small enough so the staff keeps it spotless. We had room 205; the view of the business parking lot out back was fairly pleasant as it's surrounded by greenery. Even though there is no elevator I think we'd prefer to stay upstairs. Now that we've been to the Hotel SYNC I think anyplace else would be disappointing.

Room Tip: We liked 205; upstairs and in the back at the far corner.
Green Features: We loved the environmental friendliness, which seems more like a bonus than a chore. We felt good about our stay and loved the purified water dispenser in the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoanokeCorvette
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is such a surprise in the midst of all of the vanilla mini hotels on the freeway. Very clean and neat, super comfortable bed, full kitchen with full size fridge. Asked for coffee in the morning, and it was delivered to our room with a smile!. Very eco-aware with art from disabled youth on the walls.

The only SUGGESTION is that if you are sensitive to noise, we stayed on the bottom floor, and there was some heavy person walking around most of the night and we could hear it. Minor, but could be annoying to sensitive person. Also on the back side there were trucks running early. To fix that, stay in a room on the second floor on the front of the building.

Room Tip: Second floor in the front of the building
1 Thank Dale K
Clyde, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Sync on our way home from vacation. On our way we had reservations at some very expensive hotels but on the way home we decided to just find a place to sleep before driving some more. The expensive hotels were pretty disappointing and we had to pay extra for every little extra. At the Hotel Sync (at about 1/3 of the price) they threw in so many extras for free and we were completely amazed at the room we had. We were expecting a bed and possibly a desk and a bathroom. This place had a living room with a TV, a blu ray disk player, and a sectional couch. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The bedroom had a king size bed, another TV and a desk and WIFI. Plus we had a balcony. Everything was clean and looked brand new but here's the thing that I loved the most.... no carpet!! I'm always grossed out by the carpet in hotels and the bedspreads and anything that will hold on to someone else's dirt and possibly bugs. They had a vinyl type of floor that looked like wood and they even included slippers so your feet wouldn't get cold. There was no box spring on the bed and they had a note saying that they intentionally did not use throw pillows or bed skirts because they preferred to wash all bedding between guests. Now that's my kind of hotel! I don't know why other places aren't doing the same thing. By the way....some of the extras included a washer and dryer for your use and free detergent and fabric softener. There was a coffee bar downstairs and they said we could either make our own or they would bring us some. They offered to bring a pitcher of water and even helped carry our luggage upstairs. One warning - if you have trouble with stairs, ask for a 1st floor room because there is no elevator. This wasn't a problem for us but I thought I should mention it.

3 Thank paulielolly
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days in Bowling Green in August. We picked the Hotel Sync based largely on the reviews we saw online. It truly is a cut above any other hotel in the area and one of the nicer hotels in which we've stayed anywhere in the country. Bowling Green, you have a real gem in this wonderful boutique hotel. The personal attention we received was far beyond anything we expected. Fresh coffee, perfectly brewed from freshly ground beans in a french press, delivered to your room upon request with a smile? Unheard of anywhere else. Need a suggestion for dinner? You'll receive an assortment of local restaurant recommendations, with driving directions, waiting for you when you leave the hotel. The rooms are spacious and spotless, with comfortable beds and furniture, plus good quality appliances and kitchenware. I can't say enough about the Hotel Sync. All this and environmentally friendly, too! We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple