“"Great Place"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisville, Kentucky
“"Great Place"”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our stay here was through the Thanksgiving holidays and was very relaxing. Rooms were very clean,spacious and quite. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Meranda the young lady working the front desk during the evenings we were there. While there the staff had no problem with us having 30 or so family and friends to use the lobby on Saturday evening to celebrate my sons Senior Day. Breakfast was decent and plentiful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1LB57
Adam A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for proving a review on our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel and able to host the event for your son. We look forward to providing the same excellent service should you return to this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Staybridge Suites is a nice option in Bowling Green, even if it is a bit hard to find. Check in and out were fast and efficient, the water hot, plumbing worked and the beds allowed us a full night sleep. Breakfast options were simple but included bacon and eggs,, so I'm happy. Even the toilet paper was decent (no one ever talks about that). No place is perfect, One can only get ice from the kitchen, no ice machines anywhere. The entrance has a covered walkway but cars are in the open, loading and unloading might take place in the rain,

A step up from the competition in this price range, and we'll likely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for completing a review of our hotel and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I know it does not seem like much but I have personally been at hotels and seen the one ply toilet paper and wonder myself why that was selected, for what it is worth, we use Angle soft in our guest rooms. Unfortunately the way our hotel is designed we do not have ice machines or vending machines on the guest floors. This is because we have the full size fridge in the room with the built in icemakers and we have the "Pantry" located by the Front Desk with all kinds of drinks and snacks from chips to frozen dinners. Although those do take some time to turn on and make ice, we can always have our staff get you ice from our hotel kitchen at any hour. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while traveling. It is a ways off of I-65, but we thought we would give it a try. As others have mentioned, we could not get there with our GPS and we had to call the hotel which provided the address of the Walgreens next door. As an aside, we also seemed to go around in circles a number of other times using our GPS while in Bowling Green, I'm not exactly sure why. At check-in I was thanked for being a Priority Rewards member, but the bottle of water given me was not much of a recognition. The hotel is new and very clean.

We stayed in a queen suite and there was plenty of sitting space in the room, although the TV was not situated in a good location to view from the sofa. Also, the dresser along one of the walls made it difficult to get around the side of the bed in the dark and we moved it over a little before going to sleep to avoid bumping into it at night. It just appears to me that there was not a very good job done on room layout and usage when the room was built.

The room has a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, a microwave, and a small sink for was dishes. There was real glassware provided. My wife appreciated the complimentary bag of microwave popcorn.

The room was very quiet and the black out curtains kept light out of the room allowing for a good nights sleep.

The bathroom has a dressing area with a sink and a separate room with the toilet and shower. The shower spray was strong and the shower head was high enough on the wall that I did not need to bend over to wash my hair. I was a surprised that the bottom of the tub was a little slippery and no bath mat was provided. I moved around very carefully while taking a shower to avoid falling. The bathroom had an exhaust fan, which is not always the case these days, but it was operated by the same switch as the light which meant it made noise during the night if used when going to the toilet. The towels were very absorbent.

The complimentary breakfast was very average. There were no bananas. The "breakfast pizza" was dried out from sitting out for a while. The ham was also dried out from sitting in the warmer and the eggs, while not cold, also were not hot. And, all of the pastries were dry and not very appetizing. All in all, I was very disappointed with breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with the feedback from your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay us with and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I will personally speak with the breakfast staff to make sure they keep an eye on the items to make sure items are replaced as needed such as the bananas when they run out and to make sure all items are kept warm and fresh. I hop that you will continue to stay with us in your future visits to the area and again I wanted to thank you for the feedback as it allows us to continually improve our services.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

The Staybridge Suites in Bowling Green, KY is a nice, new hotel a few miles off I-65. The building is quite new and the rooms are well designed and appointed, with all new furnishings. They allow pets, and charge only $12.50 per night for the fee, which is more reasonable than most other pet-friendly hotels. There's also nice, well taken care-of grounds, including a seasonal outdoor pool and fire pit area.
But, the hotel needs to improve on a few things, especially housekeeping. Our room had a dirty toilet, and the other room occupied by our group had lots of crumbs in the kitchen area cupboards. Sort of puts a damper on a nice, new property. The other thing that's a tad out of control - poor construction quality seems to make soundproofing between rooms and floors pretty bad - pretty easy to hear your neighbors.
Overall, we'd recommend this hotel for stops in this area. But, we'd hope the hotel staff will pay closer attention to improved housekeeping.

Stayed November 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as it is always appreciated. I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy your stay. The issues you experiences with your stay has been addressed with that department head so that they can be corrected for future guest. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you next time your plans bring you back to this area.
Maxeys, GA
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a new property and it is excellent. I would recommend it to anyone. The location is next to Western Kentucky University. My GPS didn't locate it but with a little thought, I was able to locate it

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Adam A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the stay and it was centrally located for your needs. We are currently working with the GPS companies to get their systems updated so that when each user updates their unit it will pull the correct location for each user. We have also posted our next door neighbors address on our hotels booking web page to assist travelers using a GPS that may not have gotten the latest update. We would love to have you stay with us next time you’re in town and always welcome feedback from our guests.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We travel often up and down 65 and decided to try this hotel instead of our usual one as the Staybridge hotels we stayed at in the past felt like an apartment with a separate door for the bedroom. This is a new property and apparently they changed their plans as the room was just a little bigger than a regular hotel room to accommodate the small kitchen area. Nothing spacious at all, but the bed was comfortable. Be sure to ask for the Walgreens address for your GPS as the hotel's physical address doesn't show up in the GPS yet. It is about ten minutes drive from the I 65 exit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for posting a review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do apologize for any issue you had with the GPS directions. As we are a newer property, not all systems correctly direct you to our location and as you are aware if the Walgreens address which is next door to us is use it will bring you right to the hotel.
Crittenden, Kentucky
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was in town for a track meet and this was the perfect place to stay. The hotel still felt new! It was clean and the staff were very friendly! The hotel has a nice pool and exercise room. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I hope you were able to enjoy your time here for the track meet. We are one of the newer hotels in the area and will actually be celebrating our 1 year anniversary November 13th. We appreciate you considering us on any return trip to the area.