“Well worth it!”
Review of Lost River Cave

Lost River Cave
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lost River Cave is home to the only underground boat tour in the state of Kentucky. In addition to the boat tour, Lost River offers over two miles of nature trails and a unique butterfly habitat. Lost River Cave is one of the largest nature parks in the South Central Kentucky region.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the boat tour. Our guide was delightful, informative, and seemed to truly love his job. The area is beautiful and the history quite intriguing.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have explored a number of caves in my travels but never on a boat. Hence when I know that this is a cave with a boat trip, I am sold.

Some other reviewers mentioned that the boat trip is short and it is. However, for me it was just fun being able to get on a boat, ducking to get into the cave through the low ceiling entrance and seeing it opens up to a nice roomy cave. To see some of the cave crayfish and fishes is a plus too.

Overall, if you are looking for an experience in terms of time spent in cave and money worth, this may not be the trip for you. But if you want a new and novel experience, give it a try. I'm certainly glad I did.

1  Thank julianatay
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After a disappointing tour of Mammoth Caves, we decided to try this one. Loved it!! You take a boat down an underground river (you have to duck down in the boat at the entrance). The guide was great and told us about the history of the cave. I definitely recommend this tour! We still talk about what fun it was!

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a unique cave tour since you go in a boat in the water, it was very interesting, the guides were enthusiastic, you have to duck down to get inside the cave so you kinda feel like its a real cave experience! It's a little scarey for a minute but after that its peaceful and very enjoyable. I wish it was a longer tour, it's pretty short. The surrounding trails and river, blue holes are beautiful. The atmosphere is really beautiful. They have an awesome gift shop. We didn't view the butterfly habitat as the trail was quite long and there had been some rain. I think this is a must if you are touring this area.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is not your average cave tour. The tour is from inside a boat with a trolling motor. There is alot of great history on the grounds of this site and three "blue holes". Our guide was terrific and we had a great experience. There are beautiful, relaxing trails on the grounds with a butterfly habitat. With an excellent gift shop and restroom facilities. We would love to go again.