“Nice park, but pricey”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Nice park, but pricey”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friend and I visited this park, and we had a lovely visit. It's clean, has a decent selection of rides, and has reasonable food prices. However, the admission is pricey. In fact, it really isn't worth the full $32. Don't get there early; wait until 3 PM and you can pay $22. It's well worth the evening admission price. Unless it's crowded, you'll only need two hours to ride everything. Kentucky Rumbler is one of the best wooden coasters I've ridden, and is easily a top ten (ride it in the back, you won't regret it!). However, if you're not a big amusement park or roller coaster fan, you may not want to visit unless you're in the local area.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank WVCoasterFreak

Erwin, North Carolina
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Nice, clean park.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We enjoyed this park very much. It is a family friendly park and the theme area is geared toward all ages. They offer free sun screen which we don't normally find at other water parks. We thought the admission price was fair but a bit pricey for not being a larger park. We did have a towel stolen and it appeared our belongings had been rummaged. Be sure to get a locker we were told that a lot of people go to these parks just to watch people leave their belongings and then steal.

Smiths Grove, Kentucky
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Good for families, older children will be bored”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The campgrounds at Beech Bend are nice, like many others have mentioned in reviews. The amusement park next to the campgrounds is small, and a little overpriced for what they offer. We knew going into the park that it was not comparable to Six Flags or Holiday World but we were optimistic about what the park had to offer. My husband and I are in our early twenties and went with a family with two young children. Had it just been my husband and I, we would have been very bored. The kids had a ball and loved the water park and county fair-type rides. The roller coaster was fun for all ages (its comparable to The Legend at Holiday World). The park did need to TLC (garbage overflowing and littered around the park a bit). The staff were adequate though I would not rank them as "super friendly." Just some high school students working for the summer. But they were helpful when asked questions. I was a little concerned about the large lap pool as the lifeguards were not very attentive. The wave pool was a different story, most of them were watching very closely. The lazy river is nice though I really didn't like how it dumped in the wave pool. I recently had foot surgery so the wave pool was such a strain on my already tired feet. Overall, we had a good time though I would not return unless I had small children with me. It's not a terrible park, but it's not the best either. It would be a nice little family summer weekend trip though.

1 Thank Mrs_AJMoo
boston, ky
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Better than last time with addition to water park”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This time was much better than before! They added to the water park. Pool needs to be cleaned around ring. And we also stayed in our camper in campground. It was very nice and clean. Lots of kids for our son to play with. Campground reasonably priced at 30$ per night but no good Sam member discount. We stayed 2 nights. Very nice, not crowded.
No reservation needed. Only disappointment was no drag race or oval race was scheduled due to a fair?

Pegram, TN
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Mixed review”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Let's start with something many people don't find out until they arrive after a lengthy drive...this is NOT a theme park that should be compared to Six Flags, Disney etc. It is a Western Kentucky pasture that years ago was turned into a decent local attraction. Imagine the State Fair with a water park. If I drove 3 hours to get here I would be disappointed. In fact, the first time we came here, we didn't even get out of the car. Instead, we kept driving to Louisville for Kentucky Kingdom (now closed) We kept hearing people say it was fun, so we decided to give it a chance. It is an 1 hour drive for us. We got discount tickets at Houchens just outside the park that saved us $7 each.

We went on a Sat. in August before school started and I think the longest line for any attraction was 5 minutes. So that was good. We rode pretty much every ride there at least twice AND enjoyed all of the water park attractions. The rides are of the State Fair variety and there are a lot of round and round type rides which can leave you with a headache quickly. The water slides are good, and the lazy river and pool area, while crowded, were still fun. They have done a pretty darn good job with the water park. It is very comparable to others I have attended elsewhere.

We had lunch which was a large pizza and large drink (refillable and shared for the family) for around $30. So the food is expensive, and you won't find anything besides your average 'fair' food. Pizza, Burgers, corn dogs, ice cream etc.

Cleanliness was an issue. The bathrooms and changing areas are very rustic. Basically tin sheds with concrete floors and stalls. They weren't very clean at all. Think truck stop/rest area variety. There were lots of flies buzzing around the food areas & bathrooms.

The clientele is 'interesting' too. It's mostly families & teens, but with lots of bad tattoos and smokers (although contained to the few smoking kiosks away from the main areas)

My kids had a BLAST and have already asked to return. Will I take them? Probably. Especially if I can find a Buy One Get One Free or 50% off coupon, both which float around during the summer time.

Be prepared this isn't an A+ attraction and that you will have to spend some $$$ and it could be fun.

Visited August 2013