“Good Value”

Beech Bend Park & Splash Lagoon
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Good value for the money! Visited with my two 8 year old daughters. We used an Entertainment Coupon that allowed for one free ticket. It got us all into the park for $59, hard to beat!

Amusement park has a lot of rides that you might find at your typical fair's midway. Nothing fancy, except for their wooden roller coaster. The day we visited mid-week the crowds were almost non-existent, however the water park was a different story as it was a very hot day. The water park is a nice way to finish up the day after spending the first half of the day in the amusement park.

I do need to correct a previous review as the cost for a locker rental is $5. They charge you $10, but then return $5 at the end of the day when you return the ticket.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This a a great place to enjoy the water and cool off. I love the new addition to the water park. You can be lazy and float around the lazy river, but be careful; you're so relaxed you forget about the time and could sunburn. Don't forget sunscreen. The kids just loved it here and I did too.

1  Thank markhamjb
Reviewed July 29, 2012

There aren't enough inner tubes for the wave pool and lazy river. There is tons of trash laying around the park and apparently no one assigned to pick it up. The lifeguards are basically statues with whistles. I could go on and on but the place isn't worth any more of my time.

2  Thank UPSGregg
Reviewed July 26, 2012

As a water park, fabulous: free sunscreen and plenty to enjoy no matter what your age. The day we visited many of the amusement park rides were not operating. The ride operators were very cheerful and helpful. Many lifeguards present that were attentive and enforced park safety rules. Lunch was good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We did the Splash Lagoon from 11-2, then came back and did the carnival side after a late lunch/dinner. My boys were really into the Tiki Village with its slides and water bucket. They also liked the lazy river and the wave pool. It was a good time, but HOT. When we came back around, free with the hand stamps, we watched the magic show, which was perfectly passable and good entertainment, my boys did the bumper cars with my husband. My mom and husband went on the Tornado (and she took an hour to settle her stomach.) We rode on the carousel, and went miniature golfing. I was happy to see that we didn't have to pay extra for that, although we did have to do an equipment deposit. There are coupons available. Stop in a hotel or rest area and get a Bowling Green map. I didn't do this and spent $8 more than I needed to. For my family of four it was about $120 to get in. Going back after the swimming portion made it worth our while. We went on a Saturday, so it was really busy earlier in the day, but the evening had no lines. We would go back. This is far cheaper than other parks and seems to be well-maintained. The downside: there was a funky smell in the gift shop. Like moldy carpet. You will want to pay $10 for a locker so your cell phone doesn't walk away or swim. There's free sunscreen that I didn't use since I'm picky about that. And there's free soft drinks. My boys were into that. There were bees at the soft drink stations. The boys didn't like that so much, but no one got stung that I saw.

2  Thank Everellie