“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tea Bayou - CLOSED

Tea Bayou
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: From Shrimp Po'boys to Red Beans & Rice, everything is made from scratch on-site. Even though we're Cajun-inspired, we also serve original-recipe soups, gluten-free breads, vegetarian options, salads, handcrafted burgers and pizzas. We're proud of our heritage and recipes, and we love sharing that love of food with our customers. Mon-Sat day service: order at counter, then relax... we take care of the rest. Wed- Sat evening service: wait service, expanded dinner menu with starters and New Orleans entrees.
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I visited Tea Bayou over the holidays, while in town visiting friends. This place is great! They are small, and they don't have a huge menu, but it's varied, from beignets to burgers, and the food is good and VERY reasonable, we thought. It has a very large selection of teas, especially organic green, and you can buy it in bulk, or have a perfectly brewed pot of your choice with lunch. The service is friendly and professional. We plan to go back whenever in Bowling Green. Even if you are just passing by, it is worth getting off the highway and seeking it out.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Andi P
TeaSquares, Owner at Tea Bayou, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you on your next trip through BG. We're here to make your visit a great one. Let us know if you ever need anything while at our shop.

Theresa and Greg Shea, Owners, Tea Bayou

Louisville, Kentucky
“The epitome of great food, service, hospitality and awesomeness!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I literally have been coming to Tea Bayou since day one and since day one I've never had a bad experience. Theresa's passion for tea and Greg's passion for cooking coupled with their genuine warmth are evident from the time you walk through the door until you leave. In true, laid back N'awlins fashion, you're greeted by name and a smile! Their staff is hand picked and they share the same enthusiasm as Theresa and Greg! Not sure what you want to eat, they will always make a great suggestion after chatting about what you like and don't like. I've never EVER had a dish I didn't thoroughly enjoy! Thirsty? They have more tea than I could ever drink in a lifetime and Theresa can tell you exactly where it comes from, how it's grown and the best way to prepare it! Every cup is prepared when you order it and there are lots of choices of sweeteners if you need a little something extra in it! I could literally go on and on about Tea Bayou! It is one of my favorite places to go. Not just to eat or have tea, but to brighten my spirits! Give them a try, trust me you'll be glad you did!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank PhayBay
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We love Tea Bayou. The staff is ALWAYS very friendly and helpful when making selections. The atomsphere is very eclectic and fun. I have yet to have a drink/sandwich I didn't like there! As I mentioned, the staff is great. Anytime I'm stumped about what to get, they make some great suggestions. They have tons of choices that will suite even the pickiest of tastes. I also chatted with the owner a bit this weekend (she's very sweet) and she told us about her adventures in New Orleans. If you're needing something to munch on while walking the square, you must stop in here! You will not regret it!

• Visited October 2013
Ottawa
“Good little tea shop on the square”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great little place - one of the few on the square that has a fun vibe to it. We stopped in for ice tea - good but lacked taste. A slice of lemon would help.

Visited September 2013
Flint, Michigan
“BEIGNETS!!!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Beignets! Eat them! You are welcome.

In true southern fashion, they opened up a few minutes late. We used this time to enjoy the adorable square adjacent. Wish the fountain had been on. We first had beignets in New Orleans and have been in love ever since. These were excellent, especially with a frosted mug of milk or a strawberry smoothie. Staff was prompt and very friendly. Lots of art and jewelry to look at as well. Very much worth a stop for breakfast. We wouldn't miss it if we came back through.

• Visited April 2013