“Best restaurant in Bowling Green”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bistro

The Bistro
Ranked #9 of 288 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Barren River Health Department
Description: Located in Bowling Green, Kentucky's historic downtown district, The Bistro welcomes you to one-of-a-kind dining. The two-story restored 1893 Fletcher House plays host to both first rate meals and service whether you are enjoying dinner for two in the restaurant, drinks with friends in the bar or a private function in the upstairs meeting space. The Bistro menu features Mediterranean-inspired dishes with a unique twist. From perfectly grilled ribeye to moist stuffed salmon, our menu has something that is sure to delight even the pickiest of tastes. Be sure to also enjoy craft beers, wine, and specialty cocktails from our full bar. Wedding receptions, office parties, birthdays, whatever the occasion, let The Bistro make it memorable. Private dining is available upstairs in a 1,800 square foot space that seats up to 50. For elegant outdoor functions our private courtyard is the perfect setting. We offer full-service catering and will help you plan a menu that fits in your budget.
Canfield, Ohio
“Best restaurant in Bowling Green”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My favorite restaurant and I have been living here for 10 years. I go often at least twice per month and I have never had a bad meal. I love the flatbread appetizer. Size of a large pizza with fresh arugula and prosciutto...YUM. Always changing specials and each one I have tried have been fabulous. Lots of variety from italian to mediterranean. In you're ever in BG, you need to get a meal here.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Amy S

Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had the Champagne chicken - be sure to try this! It was so great! I'll be back! Fairly reasonably priced, can be casual, can dress up too.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta
“An extremely pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were traveling north from Atlanta into Indiana and realized that Bowling Green needed to be our stopping place for the night. After being turned down by by our first choice in hotels, we found a room at the Marriott Courtyard. The young man on the front desk was very helpful, and when we asked about restaurants he recommended the Bistro. It wasn't mentioned in the AAA guidebook, nor was it mentioned in the Courtyards computerized guide. However, we discovered that it was high on the list of recommended restaurants listed on TripAdvisor. I ordered a special of the day, Chicken Saltimbocca, because Veal Saltimbocca is one of my very favorite dishes. My wife ordered Tuna Puttanesca, and she specified that the tuna be served RARE. She's often disappointed in the result, but this time it came as ordered, and she loved the meal. In my case, the oven roasting of the chicken topped with prosciutto went very well, leaving the prosciutto crisp, almost like bacon, The result was small salty crunchy bits mixed with the chicken and sauce, Wonderful. The wine list was limited, but those they had were good, and the prices were quite reasonable. We shared a bottle of Shiraz, which was light and perfect with the fish and chicken. When we headed back to the room we were both very satisfied and thankful we'd been directed to this establishment. This is one time that "Compliments to the chef" is truly meaningful. We had two drinks before the dinner, and those, along with the wine, doubled the cost. The two entree's without alcohol totaled in the mid 40s.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank AtlantaJim
Austin, Texas
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed this restaurant for my girlfriends birthday. I highly recommend the Bistro for a nice lunch or dinner. It is definitely one of the better places in Bowling Green.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank rolltide90
Grapevine, Texas
“Outstanding in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

First of all, I am a major fan of any business that has done everything possible to honor the dignity and preserve the natural ambience of a historic building--in this case, an old residence near downtown Bowling Green.

Secondly, they obviously are flexible and accommodating regarding seating since there were parties from 2 to many, and that is not always the case because of the inflexible design of the seating.

But to the most important, of course...the food. The Caesar salad was quite good, fresh and just the right portion for a pre-entree salad. Then...WOW...I was so glad that I took the recommendation of one of the frequent patrons who was hosting us...the Black Truffle Pork Tenderloin was absolutely amazing...truly! Not only was it unique--pretty certain I have never had anything just like it--but it certainly fit the name of the meat itself: tender, juicy, the "black truffle" sauce (my description, not theirs) was wonderful, and the added bonus was one of the best potato dishes I have ever tasted, the potato hash with leeks.

Unbelievable dinner all around...no, can't give any information about desserts because simply too much enjoyment with entree!

• Visited May 2013