“Quality, Variety, Yet Affordable”
Review of The Bistro

The Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 303 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Barren River Health Department
Description: Located in Bowling Green, Kentucky's historic downtown district, The Bistro welcomes you to one-of-a-kind dining. The two-story restored 1893 Fletcher House plays host to both first rate meals and service whether you are enjoying dinner for two in the restaurant, drinks with friends in the bar or a private function in the upstairs meeting space. The Bistro menu features Mediterranean-inspired dishes with a unique twist. From perfectly grilled ribeye to moist stuffed salmon, our menu has something that is sure to delight even the pickiest of tastes. Be sure to also enjoy craft beers, wine, and specialty cocktails from our full bar. Wedding receptions, office parties, birthdays, whatever the occasion, let The Bistro make it memorable. Private dining is available upstairs in a 1,800 square foot space that seats up to 50. For elegant outdoor functions our private courtyard is the perfect setting. We offer full-service catering and will help you plan a menu that fits in your budget.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We live 70 miles from Bowling Green but treat ourselves to a night out every two to three weeks. Bowling Green has four good restaurants in the downtown area but we consider The Bistro the best of the lot. Service is always top notch and the specials never disappoint us. This past weekend my wife had the duck breast and it was well-prepared. The veal and fish dishes are always in the same category. I would love to see a little more variety in the appetizers but this as close as I can come to a complaint.

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Went for brunch here almost by accident, and it was a happy accident. This was the best decor and aesthetic of the three restaurants we visited in BG. It was our only brunch. Myone boys and husband had steak and eggs, served with potatoes and fruit. They enjoyed. My mom had a Thai chicken salad on a bed of lettuce with fruit. I tried that one. Really fantastic. My dad got a steak teriyaki rice dish. He complained that there wasn't enough meat. My frittata was good. They took out the shrooms for me and added feta. Dessert was the best part. My boys inhaled a Bailey's chocolate mousse cake. It was pretty awesome, said my 8 yo. The special dessert was an omg fabulous mango pineapple creme brulee. One of the best I've had. Our server was super friendly. Water never empty. We loved her. I would go back.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great food and even open for Sunday buffet. This is a beautiful building. They have the BEST crab puffs you will ever eat. Their Fettucine Alfredo is good too!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

If you are looking for the best meal in Bowling Green head to The Bistro. Everything on the menu is attractive. I had the grilled tuna and it was prepared to perfection. The people I was with had the stuffed salmon with crab meat. They also highly recommend their choice. The wedge salad was excellent as well. So for that special occasion or just a night out on the town make it the Bistro.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is where a significant number of the local frequent diners patronize. It is a locally owned and operated restaurant which for at least the last 2 years has consistently been the best in Bowling Green and southern Kentucky. It is located in a renovated old home near the downtown area with local artwork adorning the walls.
The management and staff are unfailingly top-notch.
I would classify the menu as Mediterranean style. They usually offer two evening specials, veal dishes, excellent pizzas, and actually know how to prepare pasta dishes properly. This is not a steakhouse. The wine list is limited but adequate with a couple of exceptional high-end bottles available.
It is slightly out-of-the-way for the interstate traveling tourists but well worth the trip to avoid the chain restaurants.

Thank Jr. Md Thad C