“Delicious Meal and Good Service”

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 305 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I ate here while traveling through Bowling Green. The restaurant itself is in a small strip mall around the edge of the large mall. It is set back from the street, so it is not easy to find. There is also a Jimmy John's and Five Guys Burgers in the strip mall.

We were seated immediately upon entry and our waiter quickly took our drink orders. My wife got a medium sized margarita and it was a nice size. Warm chips and salsa were brought to the table and they were both very good. We got guacamole as an appetizer and were a little surprised that this was the spiciest item we ate.

I had the enchiladas rancheros and my wife had another pork dish for our entrees. They were both delicious and the serving sizes were reasonable. The rice and refried beans served with the dinners were very bland. The rice in particular, was not very good.

The prices at this restaurant are a little high, but the food (with the exception of the rice and beans) was very good and our service was excellent.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent Mexican cuisine, incredibly fresh tasting. Great service and convenient location, best margaritas in town.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Decided to stop here based on T.A. reviews. A little hard to find as it is part of a strip mall and it was dark and they didn't have their sign lit yet. Nice interior, sat in a booth and the chips and salsa arrived first and were quite tasty. Meals were served quickly and of good quality. Nice variety on the menu and wait staff was attentive. Not a truly great experience, but very good food at fair prices. We would certainly go again if in the area.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Rated #1, in BG, we had to try Garcia's again. VERY CONVENIENTLY LOCATED, at the main entrance to Wal-Mart. We were quite pleased with the food, and atmosphere. As mentioned in other reviews, the waiters had to be "summoned" to get service. You know, it seems like, at some places, the servers are at the table every 2 minutes, while at others they get lost. They were very good, when "flagged down" ! The setting is very nice, with great furniture, in appearance & comfort. I really liked their salsa & chips; BEST I've had. The portions were as expected, with average prices. We will return.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We came in at about 8:30pm Friday, but it wasn't too crowded. Lots of families enjoying TGIF, which was good to see. It was not a free standing place, part of a strip mall, which initially gave me pause, but you forget all that inside. We had the Margarita, which was I think a bit stronger than your regular Margarita, but it was excellent. The chips were fresh and crisp, and the salsa was sweet-tangy-spicy, excellent. I had the Grill Chimichanga, with steak strips, and it was out of this world; best chimichanga ever. Then we had the banana desert which was to die for. I'm glad I followed Tripadvisor's reviews!!