“Good Mexican Fare”

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 303 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Decided to stop here based on T.A. reviews. A little hard to find as it is part of a strip mall and it was dark and they didn't have their sign lit yet. Nice interior, sat in a booth and the chips and salsa arrived first and were quite tasty. Meals were served quickly and of good quality. Nice variety on the menu and wait staff was attentive. Not a truly great experience, but very good food at fair prices. We would certainly go again if in the area.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Rated #1, in BG, we had to try Garcia's again. VERY CONVENIENTLY LOCATED, at the main entrance to Wal-Mart. We were quite pleased with the food, and atmosphere. As mentioned in other reviews, the waiters had to be "summoned" to get service. You know, it seems like, at some places, the servers are at the table every 2 minutes, while at others they get lost. They were very good, when "flagged down" ! The setting is very nice, with great furniture, in appearance & comfort. I really liked their salsa & chips; BEST I've had. The portions were as expected, with average prices. We will return.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We came in at about 8:30pm Friday, but it wasn't too crowded. Lots of families enjoying TGIF, which was good to see. It was not a free standing place, part of a strip mall, which initially gave me pause, but you forget all that inside. We had the Margarita, which was I think a bit stronger than your regular Margarita, but it was excellent. The chips were fresh and crisp, and the salsa was sweet-tangy-spicy, excellent. I had the Grill Chimichanga, with steak strips, and it was out of this world; best chimichanga ever. Then we had the banana desert which was to die for. I'm glad I followed Tripadvisor's reviews!!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, and was pleasantly surprised. Salsa and chips were very fresh, so was the guacamole. It all tasted very homemade. We had the enchiladas and tacos and everything was great. Super quick and great service. Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Ordered enchiladas. Portion was generous but not enormous... just right. Definitely some of the best Mexican food I have encountered in my travels. Service was attentive but not especially friendly or welcoming. Kept my glass full though.