“I was happy with my stay. The room was clean, and quiet...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean and inexpensive. Centrally located in Bowling Green, KY. Friendly front desk. Easy check/check out. Free Continental breakfast. Bed was very comfortable and quality linens with 4 large pillows. Refrigerator and microwave included. Good airconditioning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel (Microtel Inn by Wyndham Bowling Green1980 Mel Browning Road, Bowling Green, KY 42104) last night for one night after attending a high school football bowl game at WKU. It was in the evening when my boyfriend and I arrived and the attendant at the desk said that his computer showed that I reserved two rooms when I had only reserved one. So here is the tip, dummy me forgot to print off my copy of the confirmation number and with my smartphone I went into my email to pull it up. I never received an email confirmation so I did not have my confirmation number (yes I was dumb enough not to check for the confirmation because I had saved the information on my computer but decided not to bring my computer at the last minute). When making the reservation I did hit "PrtSc" on my computer to get copies of the confirmation that popped up after I made the reservation and saved them on the computer. I did not print this off though so I was out of luck.

The attendant kept saying he would have to see if he could only charge me for one room and needed my credit card. After I told him several times that I would not give him my credit card until he confirmed that I would only be charged for one room he finally agreed to only charge me for one room. Several things about his behavior in relation to this were shady, he didn't provide me with the confirmation number he had and certainly was not nice about the situation. So, make sure you have a confirmation with a print out of all your information with you. Usually I would have all of this but after a long week of work and a last minute reservation need, I was not as careful as usual. The hotel is really not very nice, the only appeal is that it is a place to sleep for a night with a tv so it was good enough for my first visit to the area but I will not stay there again due to my experience and would not recommend it for an extended stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are small so take that into consideration. I was in a two person room on the 3rd floor wit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel itself was nice but we had some major issue with cleanliness. Our room was not cleaned when we checked in (it was after 3pm), the hallways looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in a week, the pool had a milky look to the water, the hot tub and the room it was located in, smelled very weird, almost like it had mildewed and no one bothered to clean it out with the proper chemicals.
I will have to say that the staff at the front desk was great to get us into a "cleaner" room, and didn't give us any problem. They were always very helpful during the day, the young man at night, was probably the most clueless person I have every talked to. He wouldn't even get my daughter a clean towel, because he said he didn't have any behind the counter and that must mean they were completely out...I mean really, how can a hotel, that is not full, run out of towels? It just all seemed strange to me...like he really didn't want to go down to the laundry room and look to see if there were any more towels. He always had ear buds in, listening to his music or talking on his cell phone as well. It was very disappointing.
I would stay an a Wingate again, but I will not be recommending this specific hotel to anyone, any time soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family