“Cleanliness was just ONE issue...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Lebanon
“Cleanliness was just ONE issue...”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel itself was nice but we had some major issue with cleanliness. Our room was not cleaned when we checked in (it was after 3pm), the hallways looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in a week, the pool had a milky look to the water, the hot tub and the room it was located in, smelled very weird, almost like it had mildewed and no one bothered to clean it out with the proper chemicals.
I will have to say that the staff at the front desk was great to get us into a "cleaner" room, and didn't give us any problem. They were always very helpful during the day, the young man at night, was probably the most clueless person I have every talked to. He wouldn't even get my daughter a clean towel, because he said he didn't have any behind the counter and that must mean they were completely out...I mean really, how can a hotel, that is not full, run out of towels? It just all seemed strange to me...like he really didn't want to go down to the laundry room and look to see if there were any more towels. He always had ear buds in, listening to his music or talking on his cell phone as well. It was very disappointing.
I would stay an a Wingate again, but I will not be recommending this specific hotel to anyone, any time soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Goodlettsville
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice quiet place. Just off I-65. Convenient to resturants and shopping. Rooms are small, but nice for the price. 32 in flat screen t.v. with cable and HBO. A microwave and frig in rooms. Small table and chair for any work, yet not much room to move around, though.
B'fast was continental, and the o.j. machine was ooo. If really hungry there are Waffle House and Cracker beside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Union
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My gps lead to the wrong place. I called the hotels d Alex said he knew exactly where I was and gave me directions back to the hotel! He was a lifesaver . The hotel room was small but it was only my husband and I , for the price it was great . I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple