“Not up to other Microtel's I've stayed at”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bowling Green
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at other Microtel's (and wrote reviews). I guess they all can't be as good as the other 3 I've stayed at. First I will say the evening clerk was very pleasant and accommodating. The day clerk was a little like she really didn't want to be there. The first room we went to had a very strong "cleaning supply" smell. So much we had to ask for another room. The second room was better. I will say that over all the room was "clean" but yet you had the feeling that they could have done better. The best way I can put it was when in the halls you got the feeling and some smells you were in a college dorm. Again, it wasn't bad but I think the cleaning crew could do a better job. They also need to work on the walls in the halls. It was wallpaper but you could see several spots where they used paint to "touch up" a boo boo on the wall. Yeah...it was noticeable.

Overall, if you want an inexpensive place to stay for a night or two. It's an option - but no where close to the other Microtel's I've been in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mhelke

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was so compleatly grossed out by this room, I had to write a review! The serivice was fine, staff was good. The room was aweful. I took my son with me to Beech Bend and stayed close by because, I was worn out from all the fun. The room had a padded window seat that had obviously been used for *relations more than once. It smelled like someone had been smoking in the room. The walls were scuffed up a bit. The bathroom was clean-ish. However, the water temp in the shower kept changing. I couldn't let my son take a shower for fear of him getting scalded. The room only came with 2 small bars of soap. I was suprised it didn't have shampoo or anything else. I didn't get much sleep due to the doors banging all night. I did tell them about the shower issue before I left. They acted like I was making it up. They asked if it was in the morning I told them "no, it was last night". They said they would check into it. Whatever! I got out of there really early so I could go home and shower!

Room Tip: do not stay in room 201
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Buttercup236
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here last week before the early AM Corvette tour.
Not a bad place, but there was of wear in the hallways (torn wallpaper) and in our room (worn out carpet).
There is highway noise during the night---there is an exit ramp right next to the building which leads to loud vehicle sounds (and I am a sound sleeper).
The breakfast left a lot to be desired, simple as that. Weak coffee, too.
The staff was great, very friendly.
The price was reasonable, but I do not think I will go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Impala guy
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband, son, and I stopped at this hotel on June 30 because it was conveniently located off I-65. We were a bit surprised that it looked somewhat dated compared to other Microtel hotels at which we have stayed. Our room was large, and it had a microwave & small refrigerator. The bathroom was fine, did not offer shampoo. The internet was incredibly frustrating - I tried several of the different hotel wireless signals, but none of them worked very well. The fire alarm went off at 12:30 a.m. and people poured into the hallway to see what was going on.The noise eventually stopped and everyone retreated back to their rooms. (And, by the way, the hallway was filled with women only. It seems as if the men, including my husband, were able to sleep through the piercing emergency alarm.) The continental breakfast in the morning was very limited, but I did look forward to having a bagel. Unfortunately, the employee said that there were only raisin bagels left, which are the only type that I don't like. Overall, the workers at this hotel were friendly, but the amenities were lacking.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda_in_MI
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Rooms were small. very clean, not much for breakfast. walking distance to Cracker Barrel, waffle house, and a few others.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JimDodgen
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was an excellent stay other than the cleaning person left two dirt cups in the microwave. I liked the room setup and the service was top notch. Great budget motel

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Positives:
1) Great price!
2) Easy access to Interstate
3) Plenty of restaurants, gas stations, a grocery store and some shopping close by.
4) Very comfortable beds and pillows
5) Microwave and Mini Fridge (no freezer section though)
6) Table and chair included in our room.
7) Reading nook by window (great location to put a suitcase on!).
8) Fairly large flat screen TV.
9) Quiet and clean

Negatives:
1) Internet was sometimes slow and hard to get.
2) Light continental breakfast only included 2 types of Muffins, Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes, Juice, Milk, Coffee, Tea. There may have been a few extra things, but it wasn't filling. We ended up eating out at the Cracker Barrel next door and the IHOP down the road.
3) No pool or jacuzzi.
4) Bright lights over bed (would be nice to have a lamp beside the bed for some dimmer lighting).

Room Tip: We had a very quiet room on the first floor. We were near the lobby but never really heard any noise...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple