WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Bowling Green
Crossville, Tennessee
“Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Overall the experience was very good. The only disappointment was the the size of the pool; it was too small to house all the guess that wanted to use it. The best quality about the hotel was the full course breakfast that they served each morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nolensville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel clerk met us with a smile...always a good start! We checked in to a clean and odor-free room. The room seemed small with two double beds in it, but the space was utilized well. I loved having a nice sized refrigerator in the room and ice down the hall. We explored the city mostly so we did not stay in the room a lot. The weather was very cloudy and sprinkled on us so the use of the pool was limited. We slept well, but the breakfast was NOT very good. All of it was processed and not very healthy. We enjoyed our stay and we would return again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bardstown, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel when we were in Bowling Green. We usually always stay at a Holiday Inn Express when we travel. This one seemed to have been renovated and was clean. The bed was so soft there was no way we could sleep well at all. The hotel was noisy after 11:00 so I had trouble going to sleep. That is not management's problem, just people unaware that others are trying to sleep. The breakfast the next morning was very good. If it had not been for the bed I would have given it a 4 or maybe a 5. The beds are just not comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Roxiemom0511,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bluffton, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

After checking in today at the Holiday Inn Express in Bowling Green. I signed on to my computer and got the normal Holiday Inn start up page. I started reading all the great reviews of this property. One of reviews talked about the great customer service. I posted that the customer service did not seem that great to me. I said this due to the fact that the front desk girl looked at me like I was a criminal when I ask if I could check in a little early. The normal check in time is 3:00 PM. I arrived early due to the time change on the way over.

To my surprise, right after I posted this very short comment. I received a response that said they could not post my comment. They had deemed it inappropriate. So, when you open the Holiday Inn web site. Understand that they only post positive comments,or at the very least, they greatly restrict anything negative. For some reason I always thought the posts there were real. It turns out that they are just their version of real.

When I returned to check in (I had reservations). The girl was gone and the two guys at the desk were very friendly. The hotel is an average HI Express. It's pretty nice. It's right by dozens of other hotels and resturants. There is a good Bob Evans right in front of it. You can walk there. The hotel is hard to get into at times due to the busy location. The only bad thing I can say about the actual property is that as soon as I turned on the light in the bathroom. I seen some weird bug that looked like a Centipede go into the bathtub drain. I am not a fan of bugs in the tub. Other than that if they would fix the customer service issue. They could get more repeat business travelers like me.

Bowling Green has lots of good hotels. Why put up with one who has poor Customer Service. Do yourself a favor and go next door. That's what I am doing for the rest of the week. If you get poor service, Hampton will let you put real comments on their page.

By the way, I travel quite a lot. I stay in hotels at least 3 nights a week. As you can see by my other posts. I rarely say anything negative about anything.

Room Tip: The King rooms are pretty nice size.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
sgoodpa,

I am very sorry about the poor customer service that you experienced when you originally attempted to check in. Although, we do allow guest to check in early it may not always be possible depending on how busy we were the night before and how many early check-ins we may have already checked in that day. However, the desk agent should have explained this to you and checked with the housekeeping supervisor to see if there was a room available to check you into at that time. Please know that I will be immediately addressing this issue with my staff so that future guests do not experience the issue you had. I am happy to hear that the two gentleman that where working the front desk when you returned provided you with the customer service you expect and deserve.

In addition, I am sorry to hear that there was a bug in you tub. Please understand that we do have regular, monthly pest control service during which our rooms and our public areas are sprayed to prevent pest. Please send me an email to nicole.hiebg@gmail.com with your full name and date of stay so that we can have that room treated immediately.

Lastly, I apologize that the Holiday Inn (IHG) website deemed your post inappropriate. There are key words that the system will reject therefore deeming the review as inappropriate. However there are good and bad reviews posted for all IHG properties, including ours. We appreciate both the compliments and the complaints so that we may work to improve our guest’s experience at our property. So thank you for your comments and I hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Bowling Green, Kentucky to show you how we have improved since your last stay with us.

HOWE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is situated close to interstate, but it is very quiet. Rooms are at a bit smaller side and I do not like in room sink. Everything was clean and in good working order. WiFi was fine and there is a business center (2 computers) downstairs.
Beds are comfy. Breakfast is decent like in all HI Express hotels. There was enough seating space for breakfast. In the breakfast area TV was set to Weather Channel. Thank you, thank you and one more time THANK YOU. Any hotel TV at the breakfast set to any of the cable "news" channels gets zero ratings from me no matter what.
Parking was easy and the lot is well lit. I will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Elevator is quiet so all rooms should be ok.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
HoweDZZY,

You are very welcome. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Weather Channel selection in our breakfast area. I am also glad that you slept well in our comfy beds were able to enjoy our breakfast and Great Room/Lounge area. The next time you stay with us, I hope that you are able to taste some of our new breakfast items like turkey sausage, Greek yogurt, and oatmeal with toppings.
Next time you stay with us please ask for me. I would like to meet you and thank you in person for your comments.

WNY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were traveling with our two small dogs and two children and are accustomed to the sub-par quality some "pet friendly" establishments provide. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rooms were up to date, very clean and perfect for our needs. Hotel staff was exceptional and provided us with helpful information regarding the area. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LilItalyWNY,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our property. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff. I look forward to having you, your family, and your dogs stay with us the next time you are in the Bowling Green area.

Gurnee, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I always select holiday inn express when traveling because of the consistency and comfort. The bed in our room was a full, although it did say that it was a double in the description, I just didn't notice. It sagged also (rm 308). Otherwise it was clean if not a little smaller than other HIE I have stayed at. Very friendly greeting by Jennifer at the desk.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank agray325
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear agray325,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel were not to your liking. I am pleased that our staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Jaime W