“Actually like the Hampton next door a bit better but ...”

Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed April 4, 2013

this was an OK second choice with a few exceptions. Even though pretty new, we noticed a few things that they lost points on. It's great that our room had a king size bed and mini-fridge and microwave but at another HIE property (in Richmond, KY) we noticed that they placed both behind a thick cabinet door so both the light glaring from the microwave and the noisy hum of the fridge stayed behind that door --- not so at this one and other than unplugging it, as we needed it on, made a fair amount of noise all night. Also, the LCD TV was a nice touch but was unplugged? I could at least reach through and plug it in but why? All the other much more important stuff worked fine so I gave them an average rating overall. Both hotels were packed with spring break travelers so can't totally fault them; just be aware of the both and if it bothers you I'm sure they'll switch if other rooms are available --- these guys were sold out otherwise may have tried. We now like the better way that by passes Bowling Green through ATL so perhaps won't be visiting here again anytime soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear late74C,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Even though this appears to be a new hotel, I was not comfortable here. Our air conditioner was noisy and rattled all night. The mattress was very soft and the fitted sheet did not seem to fit and came off on both sides. Walls seemed thin and heard a lot of outside hallway noise. Generally I really enjoy my stays at Holiday Inn Express hotels but did not really enjoy this stay. Te be fair, we could have caught this place on an off night. It wasn't terrible but I wouldn't stay here again. I will say it was clean and new and if you are looking to get off the interstate for a night this won't be a bad place to stay. I just didn't feel like this was the same quality of Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear IllinoisTriptaker09,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have absolutely no negatives to report - Mattresses were comfortable; bedding clean and fresh smelling; bathroom spotless. Price was reasonable and front desk personnel were friendly and personable. Across the street is a TexMex restaurant: Chuy's that had great food and the front desk personnel gave us a coupon to make it even better!

Room Tip: Room 112 is across hall from Exercise room and next to front lobby and elevators - for absolute quie...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Brand new fresh HIE awaits you at Bowling Green on I65. They were very accommodating in their price flexibility as a walk-up. (Had to be as several other known chains all around them.)

Had two rooms for general use: a coffee and computer room with nice chairs for reading or visiting and breakfast if the breakfast room was full. The breakfast room was across the hall with the typical breakfast fare. Did enjoy making hot pancakes that didn't require measuring and pouring anything.

Being a light sleeper, the small refrigerator in our room woke me up several time as I thought it was the alarm clock. ;-) However, there was no highway noise or no adjoining room noise.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

If your planning a trip to Bowling Green, KY to visit the Corvette Museum this is a great place to stay. The hotel just opened in June of 2012. The location is south at the US 231 exit or two exits south of the museum exit. Most of the restaurants are also located in this vicinity. The hotel is located very close to the exit which is nice also. Staff is very nice and just every thing about this hotel is very modern and inviting.
I would also suggest if you are going south and want to see some pretty countryside consider taking US 231 to Murfreesboro, TN. This will miss the Nashville traffic and take you through Lebanon, TN. If your driving a Corvette Lebanan is a nice drive to for a little antique shopping and lunch. The roads are good with everything from two lanes to divided with nice scenery all the way.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hotel is very nice and clean. It appears to be new or redone. TV was a big flat screen which was appreciated. Breakfast was normal HIE but was decent.

I guess I have two complaints. We had a king size room. The sink was outside of the bathroom, so if one person still wanted to sleep and the other use the sink, the light was so bright. Secondly the fan in the bathroom was extraordinarily loud. It actually woke me up when my husband turned on the light in the bathroom during the night.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is one of HEI newer properties and it shows.

Nice amenities, rooms were very clean, sound proofing was good.
Televison and remote were new.
Room included a refrigerator and microwave.

Location is right off I65.
Very good restaurant selection in the neighborhood.
A Bob Evans is right out the parking lot if you dont feel like getting back in the car.

Only complaint was that we were leaving early in the morning, and the breakfast hostess "busted me" for trying to grab a danish and muffin off the already set up breakfast buffet.
She informed me that I would have to wait until 6:00 AM.

This made absolutely no sense to me especially since it was not cooked food nor even the HEI hot delicious Cinnamon Rolls.

I called it to the attention of the front desk manager and he said that it was out of his control.
Very poor customer service.

I would not codemn the place for this but it was an especially irratating experience first thing in the morning and easily rectified.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family