“Constantly filled with customers and there is good reason for that.”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 311 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Always have had great service and great food for both lunch and dinner. Have had at least 5 or 6 different entrees and everyone has been delicious and a good value. While the parking lot is packed and you think there will be a wait the time to seating is very short and the service is excellent. There is a reason Cheddars's is always busy. Great food, great service, great value.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My son, my wife and I came in for lunch and loved the food. I ordered the Monte Cristo, my son ordered the fried chicken tenders and my wife ordered the chicken and waffles. The food couldn't of been better. The service was very good except after my second refill of diet coke I didn't get a third. I like to drink a lot when I eat but I thought maybe to help keep prices down they limit refills to two. Which would be understandable. I saw what I thought must be the chef because he had on a dirty apron and was carrying a clipboard. When he walked by us I got his attention and asked him about their refill policy. What a jerk!

I apparently was bothering him. He couldn't of been more rude or condescending as he explained that most people only drink two classes of coke. In the time he spent insulting me he could of got me another drink but that was, I guess, beneath him as after he was done making me feel like I was unreasonable for wanting more to drink he went to find our waitress. Five minutes later I got my drink from an obviously upset woman. I apologized for getting her in trouble but she said "it wasn't my fault, Adam just doesn't like being bothered with server problems."

My suggestion; Go for the food, the service and the price but don't bother Adam with service problems.

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Cheddar's is an interesting restaurant as the atmosphere is kind of elegant and would not be out of place as a high end restaurant. The service is good and youthful friendly. The food is very good and the portions generous while the prices are a bit less than a similar item might be at another chain, so with a very nice atmosphere, good service and food, it's an excellent value.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Cheddars provides generous portions of good tasting food. It is nothing particularly special, but the ambience and value makes it a great place for families or gatherings of friends that won't break the budget. Recommended.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

HAD carry-out from there, and it was OK. BUT, we recently met friends there, and it was great. In the 1st place, there was a booth that seated several of us. Next, the appetizers were so good that we ordered extra, with our meal. It was the best onion rings I've had, and the other items were well prepared for the others of our group. We will be back here.