“Very good place to stay in Bowling Green”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bowling Green
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Typical Country Inn and Suites experience...

More than adequate for a road trip stopover....

There are lots of good food options for dinner nearby...

The breakfast fare was good...

The whirlpool in the pool area was just okay though... really weak jets and the whole pool area simply did not have that sparkling clean feeling/smell it should have...

Reviewed August 13, 2014

My stay this weekend was fantastic. The hotel was the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. It is close to the corvette museum and plan so that was very convenient. The breakfast was also very good and filling. I would stay here again!

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Would definitely stay here again. Great value for the money. Used the advanced purchase option and saved on my reservation. We stayed here on our way to Cincinnati and was very pleased with the hotel. Also took the time to visit the Corvette museum while in Bowling Green

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We just recently started using Country Inn and Suites because of their value for retired Military Veterans....this hotel met and exceeded ALL of our expectations. I really got upset when I read some of the "negative reviews" that were on this hotel. First of all, you notice those folks only have one or two postings on TripAdvisor, so either don't travel much or are your "typical complainers". Anyway, the gal at the front desk was so polite and friendly when we got there, our room keys were ready and we were checked in within a matter of minutes. We were on the 3rd floor, (hotel was sold out that night), but they do have elevators, so very convenient. Our room was spotless, plenty of towels, very comfortable beds, a larger than normal big screen TV,
a 4 cup coffee maker in the room, breakfast was exceptional, coffee was GREAT, we had fresh cookies upon our arrival with fresh coffee, AND the owner of the hotel was on site and came over to our breakfast table and spent over 1/2 hour just shooting the bull with us....giving us tips on an upcoming vacation that we are going to take out west, etc. Please don't let the "few" negative reviews scare you off. As you can see, we travel a lot, and I try to put as many postings as I remember on TripAdvisor because I use it so much for my own decisions. This was the third Country Inn and Suites that we have been to in the last month, and this rated tops on our list, BUT they have all been great experiences!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The "owner" was on site in his own room. I have never met anyone so unbusinesslike in my professional career. My family, 9 people in 2 vehicles, had traveled all day from Cleveland, Ohio and the time was around midnight when we arrived (the night of July 29, 2014). We had a very long day of driving and just wanted a place to sleep for a few hours, take a shower in the morning and have a quick breakfast. The greeting at the desk was very nice and friendly as we signed forms and presented credit cards. As we went to our rooms, and just about to unpack, my brother-in-law, Tom and his daughter Leah, knocked on our door and told us they found 2 dead bed bugs in their room. At this time, in our room, we saw a live centipede crawling on our ceiling above the bed. We were mortified! We immediately went downstairs to explain to the front desk (along with the dead bed bugs and centipede in a plastic cup). The woman said, "we are sorry and let me get a hold of the owner, who is on-site;..he'll make this right". Owner Bob approached us and we explained what we found in our rooms. He replied, "we very recently had a bed-bug dog go through the hotel, so I don't know where you found those bugs...how do i know you didn't bring them here"! We were flabbergasted with his remarks and accusations. We said, why would we bring in bed bugs to your hotel...we're tired, we've had a long day and we just wanted some sleep. He refused to refund our money, which again took us by surprise! We told him we would let incoming/outgoing people know that there were bed bugs - we just wanted our money back and to just move on. Owner Bob said if we were to notify anyone, that that would be "disturbing the peace" and he may call the Police, to which I said "go right ahead". Owner Bob called the police and we spoke with the officer who responded. We explained that all we wanted was a full refund. The officer stated, which I already knew, that this was a civil matter, and the Owner now was demanding us to leave the premises. Soon, Owner Bob's wife came into the Lobby and she spoke with Bob and they agreed to give us a refund. This could only be accomplished through Expedia, where the reservations were made. I asked for a written response from Country Inn and Suites so that could be used for our refund. Never have I received such poor service from a motel/hotel. At no time were we yelling loud or used profanity. Considering the circumstances, we behaved very well. We were so upset, we ended up driving another 2 hours south...keep in mind this all started around midnight.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael B
CountryInnBG, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

We apologize that you did not have a good experience. We take pride in our hotel and want all our guests to have a great stay. The room was inspected by Orkin shortly after the incident. Orkin reported that they did not find any bed bugs. Expedia was contacted right away to refund the amount since the guests did not stay with us. The owners and the hotel staff are always working hard to keep the place at its best.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel was a good choice for a family friendly and over-all good value for your money. Clean rooms and very friendly staff made things even better. The all inclusive breakfast was a plus! I would definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed August 3, 2014

If the pool/hot tub had been cleaner I probably would have given this hotel a 5. The hot tub was bad enough we didn't use it. I had 3 kids who had anticipated the pool for the whole trip. I was disappointed when it was so cloudy.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family