“Would have been 5 star but. . .”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Bowling Green
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We are snow birds heading south with our dog so stay in La Quinta where they are available.
While this hotel is wonderful in appearance, very clean, well appointed, staff welcoming, nice pool etc. the purpose of our stay was to sleep and quite simply we hardly got any sleep.
Our room was on the third floor and noise from what we think was a compressor on the roof kept us up all night. I wanted to request a different room, but my husband was too exhausted from driving to move in the middle of the night - a decision he regretted

Room Tip: I see that others complain about noise - such a shame that poor construction spoils this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy W, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hello! We really appreciate your review and welcome any and all feedback to help us improve our hotel. Thanks for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we do take pride in our hotel and do listen to all of our guests so that we can be the best we can be!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was very pleased at the clean grounds and premises, the well-appointed room (standard fridge & microwave), nice TV, pleasant staff everywhere. The bed was also very comfortable and the thermostat worked as it should. Hot breakfast with standard choices, no complaints there either. I choose La Quinta because it accepts pets, and I needed to travel with one this time, but some hotels put you in the worst accommodations they have - not La Quinta. The only limitation is that the interior walls seemed paper-thin, thankfully the party in the adjoining room didn't have much to say etc. The exterior walls were great, however, as I was insulated from both the freeway and parking noises. Would definintely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
JTroxtle, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2017

Valued and appreciated guest,

With the utmost sincerity we thank you for taking the time to review our establishment here in beautiful Bowling Green, KY. We are excited that you did enjoy your accommodations then, and moreover, would Love the opportunity accommodate you in our newly renovated and updated hotel today :) Please feel free to contact me personally as I am here to serve. Thank you, blessed day, and safest of travels!

{270}783-0085 fax

“Effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, and encouragement for others to do their best.”

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Incredible customer service! Desk manager, Don, was great. He made on the spot decisions to enhance my experience. I had a challenge in parking my tow vehicle and trailer for a special event, and he arranged for a great spot to park. Thanks! We will return.........

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
JTroxtle, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Valued and appreciated guest,

With the utmost sincerity we thank you for taking the time to review our establishment here in beautiful Bowling Green, KY. We hope that you enjoyed our accommodations then, and moreover, would Love the opportunity accommodate you in our newly renovated and updated hotel today :) Please feel free to contact me personally as I am here to serve. Thank you, blessed day, and safest of travels!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I read the reviews of this particular LaQuinta and pretty much they were right on. It is safe, and relatively clean, but average. The room I ended up with was a King , but had a corner jetted tub I had not asked for , but somehow got. I was too exhausted to change rooms. I have always thought a huge tub in a bedroom was odd...would make everything steamy and mildewy. I did not use it, and there was a smell of mildew. But I am pretty sure if I slept in my bathroom...well, you get the idea. The staff was pleasant. The location excellent. I travel with a small dog so there was sufficient areas to walk her. It is on the noisy side, thin walls...whatever. The bathroom sink was cracked. But like I said, I was too exhausted to be bothered. I'd stay here again, but would ask for the smallest cheapest room. The breakfast is sufficient. The coffee weak. But, strong is my preference. Safe, clean, accessible, good enough overall.

Room Tip: Choose one WITHOUT a whirlpool tub. Mildew smell. Go for the least space you can live with, save mon...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary S

Valued and appreciated guest,

With the utmost sincerity we thank you for taking the time to review our establishment here in beautiful Bowling Green, KY. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your accommodations then, and moreover, would Love the opportunity accommodate you in our newly renovated and updated hotel today :) Please feel free to contact me personally as I am here to serve. Thank you, blessed day, and safest of travels!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great hotel. We had never stayed in this particular location prior to this trip and were very pleased with our accommodations. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. This will definitely be our "go to place" when visiting the corvette museum which is located nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here in September on a Thursday nite. We actually checked in early without any problem. Lobby area clean and well decorated as are the rooms. Rooms especially bathroom are ready for an update. My main complaint is the walls too thin can hear people talking from other rooms adjoining as well as when people approach in the hallway. It is pet friendly and early am on Friday could hear dogs barking incessantly for over an hour. Luckily we were already up and around. Breakfast buffet average nothing spectacular but area clean. Coffee was very weak...had to visit coffee shop down the road before leaving town. If you stay here you will find it clean but noisy.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice looking hotel. Decorated pretty & was clean. We were happy that we could get side by side rooms with an inside door to leave open because we were on a 'girls weekend' & love to all be able to stay together. My one complaint is that the walls are too thin. There must be no insulation. You could hear entire conversations of people in the hallway. While laying in bed at 8 am, I heard a women tell a gentlemen that "the buffet was good this morning, but the eggs didn't taste good" Plain as day you could hear anyone speaking in a normal voice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family