“Good food, but menu is overwhelming”
Review of Verdi Restaurant - CLOSED

Verdi Restaurant
Cuisines: American, German, Greek, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I tend to veer away from places that have just pages and pages of entrees, as that tends to suggest always frozen, never fresh, pre-packaged servings, like at an iHop. However, this place is very good. Great hummus appetizer, the lamb is absolutely amazing, and Mirza crafts some of the finest cocktails in Bowling Green,

1  Thank dwowd

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is our #1 choice in Bowling Green! It is a cozy restaurant with wonderful service. When you walk in the door the owner immediately makes you welcome, seats you and offers drinks. There is the best warm pita bread with garlic butter, delish! Their cocktails are fabulous and they have a terrific collection of wines. I love their seafood bisque, tiki shrimp and creme brulee! My husband loves their nightly specials although anything on the menu is wonderful, we have sampled everything. They have sweet tables out on the sidewalk where you can see all the fun downtown things happening. I just love this nice restaurant. It is all reasonable and served with efficiency and speed. What a great place.

1  Thank CaraBethP
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Quite simply the food and service and ambience and location is Fantastic!!

A great menu with some interesting choices all at reasonable prices (Entrees ranged from $11 to $25 with most in the $15 range). I had 3 courses and started with Tiki Shrimp with Marmalade Sauce, followed by Dijon Chicken with Shitake Mushrooms, and finishing with Cheesecake with Raspberry and White Chocolate sauce. I had a Beck's beer and it came also with some delicious fresh baked flat-bread and all for $35.25 (inc the $2 tax).
All the food was superbly presented, very fresh and flavourful and nice and hot. The service was excellent (thanks to David Byrd) and I opted to eat outside and enjoyed the pleasant warm evening on the very nice Bowling Green East Main Street.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - I would certainly go back if in Bowling Green, KY again.

1  Thank Roberts69
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was excited to find a restaurant with an interesting menu in Bowling Green, KY. Old building on the square in BG with a few tables outside on the sidewalk. We were looking for a non-chain restaurant with some character. We found it, and although the food wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped, it was good. We were almost the only ones there at 7 pm on a Tuesday night. The waiter was helpful, and the menu had something for everyone. Dinner for 2 with 2 glasses of wine was about $50, and there were cheaper options. The menu was slightly different from the online version. One of us had tilapia over pasta "packets" stuffed with cheese and some kind of tomato sauce. It got more interesting when I discovered the hot sauce used as decoration on the side of the plate. I guess I wasn't expecting a big piece of fried fish laid across the pasta. The other of us had steak cooked with chocolate/amaretto. The flavor was pleasing, but the meat could have been a little more tender. Both portions were huge. The Greek salads were quite good. I would go back to this restaurant/bar.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We had not been in Bowling Green in almost 40 years. Verdi's was a delightful surprise. Excellent food, service, and atmosphere.