“Something for everyone on menu”
Review of Verdi Restaurant - CLOSED

Verdi Restaurant
Cuisines: American, German, Greek, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was excited to find a restaurant with an interesting menu in Bowling Green, KY. Old building on the square in BG with a few tables outside on the sidewalk. We were looking for a non-chain restaurant with some character. We found it, and although the food wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped, it was good. We were almost the only ones there at 7 pm on a Tuesday night. The waiter was helpful, and the menu had something for everyone. Dinner for 2 with 2 glasses of wine was about $50, and there were cheaper options. The menu was slightly different from the online version. One of us had tilapia over pasta "packets" stuffed with cheese and some kind of tomato sauce. It got more interesting when I discovered the hot sauce used as decoration on the side of the plate. I guess I wasn't expecting a big piece of fried fish laid across the pasta. The other of us had steak cooked with chocolate/amaretto. The flavor was pleasing, but the meat could have been a little more tender. Both portions were huge. The Greek salads were quite good. I would go back to this restaurant/bar.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We had not been in Bowling Green in almost 40 years. Verdi's was a delightful surprise. Excellent food, service, and atmosphere.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very nice atmosphere, soft lighting and table cloths, and good service from young man who waited on us. We started with the calamari which was good. Breading was just a bit on the heavy side, but the taste was great. I had the chicken and crab scaloppini with asparagus which was very good. Spouse had the a Greek chicken with vegetables which she loved. We have friends coming into town Wednesday and we liked the place enough that we'll probably take them there. It's right on the square downtown so you can park anywhere on the square and it's a short walk.

1  Thank z0607
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This restaurant reminds me of some great New Orleans eateries. Old world charm, great ambience and amazing food! I highly HIGHLY recommend the Cevapi as an appetizer - wonderful! - and my sister had the Vienna Schnitzel which was great! However, my entree was the Chicken and Crab Scaloppine with Sherry and it was MARVELOUS! Seriously, best food I've had since I was in New Orleans last year! I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had to schedule Valentine's dinner a couple days late - But Verdi was perfect. We missed the crowd, had a great candlelit dinner with great service. May I recommend the Tilapia on Pasta Purses. Very good. Located in quaint downtown BG.