“Charming Historic Hotel”

Boone Tavern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Berea
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 31, 2006

I stayed at the Boone Tavern Inn several weeks ago, and loved it. If you like history and old buildings/hotels, I would highly recommend it. The hotel is still owned and operated by the Berea College, which it has been since it was originally built. Our room was very clean and decorated very nicely. It had a much more homey feel than your average hotel room. I thought the rooms were very reasonably priced, considering the hotels location in Berea, and the overall accomodations. The Continental Breakfast that was included in the price of the room was great. Unlike any "Continental Breakfast" I've ever had. No paper plates and plastic utensils here! It was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank MaggerMae
There are newer reviews for Boone Tavern Hotel

Reviewed July 2, 2006

I stayed at the Boone Tavern one night. While I understand the building is 100 years old, overall I found it lacking in basic maintenance and cleanliness. The wallpaper in the room was peeling off the wall, the fire sprinkler heads were caked with dust, the carpet was dirty as was the upholstery on the chairs. The pillows on the bed were some of the thinnest I have ever encountered! The ladies lounge off the lobby was a mess, the tissue dispenser was broken and the cover laying on the floor and some of the paper products were out.

On a positive note, the hotel does provide free parking, a standard continental breakfast comes with the room price and the reception staff on Sunday was very pleasant and helpful.

I ate dinner at the Boone Tavern Saturday night and while the service was "spotty", the food was good.

This was not my first visit to the Boone Tavern Inn and unlike my prior visit I was very disappointed that the Inn is becomeing "run down". I hope the Berea College Trustees will take time to look critically at the Boone Tavern Inn and restore it to its former high standards. Berea College is a unique concept and the Boone Tavern is an intergral part of what makes Berea special.

• Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank Lynn940
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Hotel was very nice, especially for the price. The food was mediocre, but the room was a very pleasant surprise in this rural locale.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank msmithmd
Michigan
Reviewed June 6, 2006

The last time we went there, we told them we would be arriving very late. They left the back door open! Now that's what we call serve! We love it there. It's a very warm and cozy place. Try to get back every couple of years.

• Stayed: August 2002
Griffin, GA
Reviewed June 6, 2005

The Inn features old-fashioned service by local college students. The restaurant is truly first class. To top it all off, the staff was very kind to my dachshund!

• Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Monticello, Illinois 61856
Reviewed September 7, 2004

We had a wonderful visit. The food was wonderful the rooms romantic the staff great. The one thing we are lacking is the dining roomhad a recipe for Orange Marmalade dressing and I have lost it. Could you please send it to me as it is to die for.
The cheif was at the hotel at the time we were there.
Thank you and we will be back soon.
Marshia and Gene Elmore

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cookeville, TN
Reviewed May 10, 2004

The beauty of Boone Tavern Hotel overlooking the Berea College campus is a plus within itself. Have been stopping at Boone Tavern - off and on - for some 50 years - it is always a pleasure.

This year when my husband and I spent the night, I inadvertently left an article of clothing in our room. When I made contact with the Hotel, it had been found and within a short time was sent to me. I call that "honesty" as well as concern.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Holiday Inn Express Berea
#4 of 10 in Berea
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea
Red Roof Inn and Suites
#5 of 14 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond
#1 of 14 in Richmond

Been to Boone Tavern Hotel? Share your experiences!