“Absolutely Loved Berea and This Wonderful Hotel!”
Review of Boone Tavern Hotel

Boone Tavern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Berea
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I spent two nights here in late October and I just loved it. Berea is fantastic...a beautiful little town to walk around and there are a lot of great shops with various unique, handcrafted items. The people here are so, so friendly and helpful.

The hotel is absolutely lovely and charming. I had a room with a queen bed, which was fine since I was traveling alone. Had I been with someone, the room would have been too small...both the bedroom and the bathroom. The temperature control did not work very well; I like a cold room and I could not adjust it below 67. I opened the windows, however, and turned on the ceiling fan so the room got to a comfortable temperature that way. I loved the complimentary bottled water in the room and the Keurig coffeemaker...very nice! There was some hallway noise, which I think is to be expected given the nature of the building. I sleep with ear plugs when I travel anyways, so it didn't bother me. There were some long stray hairs in the bathroom...very noticeable since everything is white...which (obviously) isn't a good thing, but I don't go nuts about it like some people.

I had dinner in the hotel restaurant both evenings and the food was very good, although not inexpensive. My dinners were $50-60 each night (including a generous tip) which, considering there is no alcohol and this is Berea, KY, I thought was a bit pricey. The service can be a bit spotty but the restaurant was very busy both nights I was there and the students work really hard and do their best so it was no real issue for me.

Overall, the service at the hotel was wonderful.

One suggestion I do have, however, is replacement of the bedspreads. The rooms are nicely decorated but the bedspreads are sort of awful...polyester, scratchy, not warm, with lots of pilling...they reminded me of a Howard Johnson's bedspread from perhaps twenty years ago. A simple cotton bedspread or comforter (or even a blanket or throw) would be much better. A duvet with a washable cover would be great.

I will definitely return to Berea and stay and dine here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank PamelaK O
BooneTavernHotel, Manager at Boone Tavern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

We loved your review. It was both positive but also gave us ways to improve our customer satisfaction. We always love getting reviews like yours. Thank you so much. We will take all of your concerns into consideration. We would love to see you soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Boone Tavern Hotel in Berea KY was lovely - recently renovated and very clean with comfy beds; HOWEVER the fan in our room was so loud that even sleeping with earplugs in didn't block the sound. I couldn't turn it off, had a terrible night and would re-consider staying there again. Having said that, I was really impressed by the 'greening' of the hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

We apologize about the fan in your room. If you could call the hotel and let them know which room it was that would be great. We would love to check on that to make sure everything is working properly. We try to maintain all the rooms and fix problems that arise as soon as possible. We hope this does not effect you coming and staying with us again soon. Thank you for your review we do appreciate it.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Be sure to enjoy a great dining experience during your stay at The Tavern. The restaurant has quality food and excellent service. Also, during your visit be sure to visit the local artists/craftsmen shops throughout the town of Berea. All are close walking distance from the Boone Tavern Inn. A tour of Berea College is highly recommended since this college is one-of-a kind in the United States. You will want to hear their story during your tour!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the review. We couldn't have said it better ourselves!! :) We hope to see you soon. Like us on Facebook for upcoming events!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We reserved a night at the hotel in a junior king suite. We had not been there in 6 or 7 years and were completely surprised at what we saw when we arrived. What used to be the back of the hotel was now a wonderful grand entrance. We learned that the hotel had undergone an 11 million dollar improvement and that it was the first "green" hotel in Kentucky. Everything was beautiful. The room was a nice size and clean and comfortable.

One of the main reasons to visit the Boone Tavern is for the dining room. Many, if not most, of the staff throughout the hotel are students and this is true in the restaurant as well. We had dinner and breakfast while we stayed. Sometimes the wait staff may not be the most efficient or experienced and this may cause you to wonder about the food. Do not be concerned, the food is wonderful and worth the trip.

Room Tip: The hotel often has seasonal specials that give a better price than AAA or AARP. Also, it may be wis...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Your review was so nice!! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and giving us such a lovely one. We hope you all come back. We do have student led tours of the campus, if you haven't taken one your really should on your next visit!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. The room was really clean, quiet, comfortable, and the hotel is just gorgeous. We had a junior king suite and the bed was out of this world!!! The service was outstanding and the prices are reasonable. Breakfast was delicious even though it took awhile to get our food. Loved being able to walk to all of the little shops and restaurants. Hope to do some hiking next time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review!! Check out our website we are planning on doing a special that involves hiking that you may be interested in! That will be coming up in the Spring. You can also like us on Facebook for up to date information on the hotel!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Always enjoy the hotel and restaurant. My wife and I had a room with 2 double beds on the 3rd floor. Room and bathroom were very nice and clean. We also enjoyed a great breakfast today (in the restaurant) - omelets. Very tasty and enjoyable. Great hotel.

Stayed: October 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the hotel and left on day 3 rested and pleased with our stay and experience while at the hotel and in Berea. The hotel is very majestic and the staff for the most part were extremely hospitable. We ate in the hotel restaurant; 2 breakfasts and one evening meal. All 3 meals were delicious.

• Stayed: October 2013
BooneTavernHotel, Manager at Boone Tavern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay here at Boone Tavern. You must come back in the winter it is beautiful!! See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berea
Holiday Inn Express Berea
#3 of 10 in Berea
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lexington Berea
Red Roof Inn and Suites
#4 of 14 in Richmond
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond

Been to Boone Tavern Hotel? Share your experiences!