“yum”

Mariachis Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great addition to Mt. Vernon as much as I love the Snack Shack sometimes you just want a little heat in your food. This mexican style resurant has great food and friendly servers that can understand what you want and will customize your order just way you like it.

There are newer reviews for Mariachis Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

everything tasted the same. It was not clear when ordering that if you wanted a beef taco that everything else came with the same beef filling.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I brought family members to Mariachis for lunch, one of our regular outing choices. both commented, that they didn't think it was as good as Taco Bell. After rolling in laughter, we told them;"That's because you're now eating the real deal!" So, if fast food quasi-Mexican is your thing; don't go to Mariachis. If you want the real deal, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This restaurant is in my hometown of Berea, KY. I recently moved back after being gone for seventeen years. I've been home about six months. This restaurant sits in a cubby hole that's behind a place where you buy tobacco products, and a Wendy's. Just make a right into the hotel parking lot when you pass the Wendy's and drive around. Unlike what I've experienced of Mexican Restaurants, this is a new construction. It didn't have a former life as another restaurant, and then was recycled into a Mexican Restaurant. Inside it's neat, clean, spacious, and inviting. I had the Special which was Enchilada's in Mole sauce. It was three ground beef (or chicken/your choice) enchilada's in corn tortilla's with mole sauce, next to a huge side of seasoned rice. My son had the Fiesta Shrimp Salad. The shrimp in the salad were medium sized and there was a good portion of them (at least a lb). The shrimp were seasoned, but there wasn't so much seasoning on them that a seven year old would turn his nose up at them. He liked them! They were on a bed of standard iceberg lettuce, wedged slivers of tomatoes. The tomatoes are out of season. They went light on the onions, per my son's request. The salad came with a nice sized side of Ranch Dressing, and had been sprinkled with a cheddar cheese blend. Both entree's came on platters, not plates. The complimentary chips and salsa when were arrived where quite good. Somebody also knows how to make a glass of iced tea. Service was there when we needed him. We will visit again, Hope you visit, too!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stopped in for dinner. The salsa and chips to start were good. We liked the salsa. The dinner menu is quite large. For the dinners we got combos. The rice was ok, The beans were not good. They tasted odd. The entrees choices were good.

Been to Mariachis Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!